Can I try your Octane HD 9 and/or Omega 30?

Can I try your Octane HD 9 and/or Omega 30?

Postby BoltActionAssault on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:44 am

I really want to try both of these before I buy them. Does anyone have either of these suppressors in the metro that would be willing to meet up at a range or some private land I have access to 40 mins SW of mpls?
BoltActionAssault

Re: Can I try your Octane HD 9 and/or Omega 30?

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:38 pm

I don't have either. Are you planning on buying both? I'd definitely consider the hybrid if I were you https://silencerco.com/silencers/hybrid/ may or may not fit your needs but compares to the octane.

NFA Review
Ghost

Postby igofast on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:55 pm

I don't think you'll be disappointed by whatever you get - unless you expect Hollywood quiet - then you'll be disappointed by anything you get.

What are you hoping to find out by demo'ing them?

Keep in mind that different ammo, different day, different gun will all impact performance - and unless you have something to compare it to(another can you may be looking at), it's hard to walk away with anything meaningful(other than it's AWESOME!!!).

Don't chase numbers(db differences of less than 3 are mostly imperceptible), buy a quality can from a known manufacturer, and don't look back. Remember that the best can is the one that's released 'tomorrow', followed by the one that you just form 3'ed.

Nothing wrong with your choices. I went Griffin Recce 7 and Octane 45 and have a Omega on the way. Will probably pull the trigger on a Hybrid before 41P is instituted due to it being rated for .338 Lapua. I don't think I'd run a Hybrid on a pistol due to the circumference, 1.37" barely allows suppressor sights to clear and it's 1.565". You may want to look at the Griffin Revolution(make sure to get the latest version - they added something to get slightly better numbers) or Rugged Obsidian - both of which are modular and allow you to use a 'short' configuration. I'm not sure I ever would, but it's cool that they can. Additionally, the Griffin Optimus may be a good candidate to replace both - though there are varied opinions whether a dedicated can will perform better than a one-size-fit's all approach.

Finally - all that being said - depending on my schedule I'm willing to meet somewhere in/around St. Cloud and shoot my cans on my guns using my ammo, you pay range fees and ammo costs. That offer is open to anyone - send me a PM and we'll work something out.
igofast

Postby BoltActionAssault on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:17 am

igofast wrote:I don't think you'll be disappointed by whatever you get - unless you expect Hollywood quiet - then you'll be disappointed by anything you get.

What are you hoping to find out by demo'ing them?

Keep in mind that different ammo, different day, different gun will all impact performance - and unless you have something to compare it to(another can you may be looking at), it's hard to walk away with anything meaningful(other than it's AWESOME!!!).

Don't chase numbers(db differences of less than 3 are mostly imperceptible), buy a quality can from a known manufacturer, and don't look back. Remember that the best can is the one that's released 'tomorrow', followed by the one that you just form 3'ed.

Nothing wrong with your choices. I went Griffin Recce 7 and Octane 45 and have a Omega on the way. Will probably pull the trigger on a Hybrid before 41P is instituted due to it being rated for .338 Lapua. I don't think I'd run a Hybrid on a pistol due to the circumference, 1.37" barely allows suppressor sights to clear and it's 1.565". You may want to look at the Griffin Revolution(make sure to get the latest version - they added something to get slightly better numbers) or Rugged Obsidian - both of which are modular and allow you to use a 'short' configuration. I'm not sure I ever would, but it's cool that they can. Additionally, the Griffin Optimus may be a good candidate to replace both - though there are varied opinions whether a dedicated can will perform better than a one-size-fit's all approach.

Finally - all that being said - depending on my schedule I'm willing to meet somewhere in/around St. Cloud and shoot my cans on my guns using my ammo, you pay range fees and ammo costs. That offer is open to anyone - send me a PM and we'll work something out.

I really appreciate this offer! That is a bit of a hike for me, and I really want to try the Octane 9 & Omega specifically, so I think I'm going to pass on the offer for now. I really just want to get a feel for how much I like actually using them to determine if I want to spend the money on it. Let me know if you are ever up in the cities when its above freezing. I have private land we can use!

You are confirming a lot of what I have put together over hours of research, so thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.
BoltActionAssault

Postby Yourcfi on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:41 pm

I have the octane 45 HD, a different 30cal can, and my buddy has the omega 30. I'll be in you neck of the woods tomorrow with all of them if you want to check them out send me a pm
Yourcfi

Return to Suppressors