NFA Lawyers Trust

NFA Lawyers Trust

Postby truckman129 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever used NFA lawyers for their trust and if so, what's your opinion on them? I currently live in Fargo, ND and have contacted several trust law firms here. They all wanted nothing to do with an NFA trust and I am very cautious about using the online trusts since there is no attorney behind them. Any input is sincerely appreciated!! :D :D
"You can stand behind the troops, or stand in front of them." "Don't throw stones in a glass house, because someday the broken glass may belong to you."
truckman129

NFA Lawyers Trust

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:15 pm

gun_fan111v2

Re: NFA Lawyers Trust

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:22 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:http://minnesotaguntrustlawyer.com

+1
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:24 pm

I did. The attorney is an established member on SigForum and has lots of good reviews. Mine was complete in about 3 days.
MJY65

Postby truckman129 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 pm

I emailed Ben about a trust on 01/29/16. He replied to me 2 days later to tell me that he is not licensed in ND, but knew someone here that might work with him. I emailed him again on Monday asking for an update but have not received a response yet. I would love for him to draft the trust over anyone else, and I am aware that he is really busy, but the lack of communication is a concern for me.
"You can stand behind the troops, or stand in front of them." "Don't throw stones in a glass house, because someday the broken glass may belong to you."
truckman129

Postby nhluke on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:20 pm

I emailed Ben today, and had a response in a few hours with forms and answers. I agree he is probably pretty busy though and I maybe just got lucky (or an assistant) ).
nhluke

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Since Ben isn't an option. Silencershop seems to have sold a lot of suppressors with theirs. Assuming that's what you want to buy.
Ghost

Postby goosed on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:43 pm

truckman129 wrote:Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever used NFA lawyers for their trust and if so, what's your opinion on them? I currently live in Fargo, ND and have contacted several trust law firms here. They all wanted nothing to do with an NFA trust and I am very cautious about using the online trusts since there is no attorney behind them. Any input is sincerely appreciated!! :D :D

NFAlawyers.com and minnesotaguntrustlawyer.com(Ben) both use gundocx trust... It's a fairly common boiler plate used by most other lawyers as well. The "basic package" will be exactly the same document, literally word for word from either source. If you need further options beyond the basic offering a lawyer becomes better choice, imo, though prices can sky rocket rather quickly.

Mark Monasky mmonasky@dakotaestateplanner.com, is currently listed as the primary gundocx trust lawyer in ND
Another way to locate lawyers if you would like to find a different gun lawyer is http://www.gunlawcommunity.com/find-attorney/
goosed

Postby Back In Black on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:14 pm

I used NFALawyers.com. No complaints.
Keith
Back In Black

Postby MJY65 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:28 pm

It seems like a lot of guys are overthinking the trust lawyer selection. Any lawyer is better than the Quicken trust you're going to get for free. That said, I'm not sure you need to have a personal attorney prepare a specific document for you unless you have a very unusual situation. All the gun trust firms know what it takes to get approval from the BATF. Beyond that, I doubt these would be the guys you'd be calling if you got into trouble with your suppressor. They generally aren't criminal defense attorneys and don't claim to be.
MJY65

Postby Hmac on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Dave Timm just put up a video on Gun Trust 101. Pretty good.

https://www.full30.com/video/0c8b63ae23 ... 3977c4b725
Hmac

Postby 2in2out on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Kyle Pettersen-Scott
http://lawkps.com/services/

I worked with her over the phone and via e-mail, very handy for someone not in the Mpls/St. Paul metro.

Not sure if she does ND trusts, or only MN, though.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby 2in2out on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Hmac wrote:Dave Timm just put up a video on Gun Trust 101. Pretty good.

https://www.full30.com/video/0c8b63ae23 ... 3977c4b725

That was good, just watched it. I'm waiting for Part II now....
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby truckman129 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Thanks for all your input! I think I am going to go with NFA Lawyers. On a side note, I am buying the suppressor (a Dead Air Sandman-L) from a local dealer here in Fargo.
truckman129

NFA Lawyers Trust

Postby jshuberg on Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:30 pm

2in2out wrote:That was good, just watched it. I'm waiting for Part II now....

It's a good series. I was hanging out when it was recorded. I believe they're going to chop it up into 4 or 5 parts.

Regarding NFA trusts, make sure wherever you get your trust that it includes language that deals with minors and prohibited persons, that a normal trust won't cover. Also make sure it's up to date. MN trust law was changed significantly last legislative session, so where it references the law it should be the new statutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Next

Return to Suppressors