OK, time to get one

Re: OK, time to get one

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:38 pm

the wait is what really sucks. Hope mine doesn't take to long once I place my order.
Bearcatrp

Postby george on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Thought I would mention, if you order one rather than one on hand, it will add a bit of time because they have to Form 3 it to them and wouldn't do the Form 4 until they had it in hand. It added about three months to mine.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby george on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Should say the dealer I got mine at. Some will do the Form 4, some won't.
Good luck

"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
george

Postby 2in2out on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:47 pm

I assume the non-stocking dealers often have a fast track to order them - it was a matter of days when I ordered mine from Atomic Tactical.

The number of suppressor dealers in the state is higher than you think and worth reviewing:
http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=56548&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

As previously mentioned by others, they are generally prepared to make the purchase as easy as possible. The best thing to do is to stop in and talk to them.

I also agree with what will likely happen to the supply of suppressors when the demand goes through the roof (assuming HPA will eventually pass in some form). Order now, and wait 6-10 months (I'll bet times will start getting shorter very soon, because ATF's backlog is going down) OR wait 1-2 YEARS and then order it or pick one up after HPA passes. You're still ahead to buy now - the poor slobs that wait will be watching you enjoying your new suppressor while they wait for supply to catch up.

There's a reliable web site that tracks wait times, and it's called NFATracker.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Ghost on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 pm

2in2out wrote:I assume the non-stocking dealers often have a fast track to order them - it was a matter of days when I ordered mine from Atomic Tactical.

Atomic did my form 4's same day I ordered them. They were ordering through silencershop.

Last one was from Joe's and that was just because they had one in the case a week before the laws/rules changed on advantages of a trust. Had no idea they even sold them there. They said it was the second one they sold though.
Ghost

Postby george on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:11 pm

I read jest a bit ago that all gun bills have been put on hold indefinitely, including the HPA.
I hope it's wrong. You know how some put it out there.

george

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:13 am

Just checked that list of dealers. Wish there was a dealer around st cloud.
Bearcatrp

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:23 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Just checked that list of dealers. Wish there was a dealer around st cloud.

Element Arms isn't too far away.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Just checked that list of dealers. Wish there was a dealer around st cloud.

I checked there web site and didn't see suppressors listed for sale. I'll give them a call to see if they help with the paperwork.
Bearcatrp

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:15 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:

Has that store gotten any better? I went in there around two years ago and the staff completely ignored us, the product selection was pretty poor and the prices were high.
grimbeaver

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Question for you guys that already have the tax stamp for a suppressor. When you get a second one, is it faster since your in the database already or the same slow crap?
Bearcatrp

Postby grimbeaver on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:00 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Question for you guys that already have the tax stamp for a suppressor. When you get a second one, is it faster since your in the database already or the same slow crap?

99% sure it is the same wait time. The slow is not because of time to process your form. It's simply the time for them to work their way through the stack and get to you.
grimbeaver

Postby Ghost on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:28 am

grimbeaver wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Question for you guys that already have the tax stamp for a suppressor. When you get a second one, is it faster since your in the database already or the same slow crap?

99% sure it is the same wait time. The slow is not because of time to process your form. It's simply the time for them to work their way through the stack and get to you.

Grim is correct
Ghost

OK, time to get one

Postby acs75 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:51 pm

acs75

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:24 am

Anything new going on with suppressors? Will be going to lakeville soon to order one. Still considering the dead air sandman. Will be going on my short barrel 300BO. Figured I would ask before I start my process. Thanks.
Bearcatrp

PreviousNext

Return to Suppressors