DLF to introduce bill to ban suppressors

DLF to introduce bill to ban suppressors

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Looks like Linda Slocum will introduce a bill that includes a ban on suppressors (Make them illegal), according to the email I got from Minnesota Gun owners Caucus. This is typical "give them an inch, they take a mile" knee jerk reaction going for it all.
Bearcatrp

Re: DLF to introduce bill to ban suppressors

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:09 pm

FFS
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:12 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Looks like Linda Slocum will introduce a bill that includes a ban on suppressors (Make them illegal), according to the email I got from Minnesota Gun owners Caucus. This is typical "give them an inch, they take a mile" knee jerk reaction going for it all.

Had a great conversation with her office who assured me that this legislation is solely focused on making MN safer and does not infringe on gun rights. Of course the bill has not yet been released so nothing to read to verify this. Staffer was a bit of a smug SOB.

Much nicer discussion with my own Reps Office, Hertas.
Holland&Holland

Postby MJY65 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Had a great conversation with her office who assured me that this legislation is solely focused on making MN safer and does not infringe on gun rights.

Of course not. As long as we are allowed to own a flintlock, we have our 2nd Amendment rights. See how easy?
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Looks like Linda Slocum will introduce a bill that includes a ban on suppressors (Make them illegal), according to the email I got from Minnesota Gun owners Caucus. This is typical "give them an inch, they take a mile" knee jerk reaction going for it all.

Had a great conversation with her office who assured me that this legislation is solely focused on making MN safer and does not infringe on gun rights. Of course the bill has not yet been released so nothing to read to verify this. Staffer was a bit of a smug SOB.

And how many suppressor deaths have there been?
Ghost

Postby hammAR on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:07 pm

Ghost wrote:And how many suppressor deaths have there been?

...and what the hell does that fact have to do with it................ :P
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby MJY65 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:16 pm

No one knows. Pfffffffffft——————Thud No witnesses as killer slips away. Just like the movies.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:25 pm

MJY65 wrote:

No one knows. Pfffffffffft——————Thud No witnesses as killer slips away. Just like the movies.

Shhhhhhh
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:26 pm

hammAR wrote:

...and what the hell does that fact have to do with it................ :P

You must have a little lib in you ;)
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

We have the bill text - it does everything we said in our communication. If that's what they told you, they are lying.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 pm

bstrawse wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

We have the bill text - it does everything we said in our communication. If that's what they told you, they are lying.

Bryan

I read the bullet points to him, he stated the bill has not been filed and I had no knowledge of what was in it. He also thought I should not be calling her office since she is not my rep.
Holland&Holland

Postby silvor on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Holland&Holland wrote: He also thought I should not be calling her office since she is not my rep.

I bet if you called to make a campaign contribution they'd be ok with that. :?
silvor

Postby brad3579 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Maybe they are afraid that they would have a harder time banning them if suppressor deregulation were ever to make it thru.
brad3579

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:11 am

If those bill actually gets approved, do I get a refund when I cancel my order? Still waiting on my tax stamp.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 am

Bearcatrp wrote:If those bill actually gets approved, do I get a refund when I cancel my order? Still waiting on my tax stamp.

Nope, you still will get a tax stamp, just have to turn in the item to your benevolent overlords.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to Suppressors