Dakota Silencers

Dakota Silencers

Postby moondog on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Spoke to these folks at last MWCA show and thinking about adding an item to a couple rifles. Anybody have any experience with Dakota Silencer that you are willing to share? Thanks in advance for any and all advice, insights & opinions!
moondog

Re: Dakota Silencers

Postby greenfarmer on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:36 am

I've ordered a couple cans from them since September 2017. All are still in can jail. I should have ordered sooner, but felt in September that the Share Act was going to pass, so figured I'd order, and then would get my cans fairly soon, plus get my tax stamp money back. Unfortunately, someone got all stupid in Vegas, and then Paul Ryan decided to shelve the Share Act, and now here we sit.

They were nice to deal with, and in a way their layaway plan is nice. But would be nice to pay for it, forget about it and finally your toy shows up. But yet the monthly payments are nice too.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby Ghost on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:44 am

If it’s a suppressor you want I’d recommend a silencershop kiosk and buy from anywhere you want. If it’s something else I don’t know anything about them except that they had flyers at Gander mountain once.
Ghost

Postby c.hazelton on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:09 pm

I ordered two this past summer at Game Fair, got a e-mail early last week and picked them up at the Sportshow on Friday. I also ordered another. Easy transaction, I would recommend.
c.hazelton

Postby Erud on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:57 pm

c.hazelton wrote:I ordered two this past summer at Game Fair, got a e-mail early last week and picked them up at the Sportshow on Friday. I also ordered another. Easy transaction, I would recommend.

Who is this "c.hazelton" cat? :cogitating:
Erud

Postby 2in2out on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:07 pm

Ghost wrote:If it’s a suppressor you want I’d recommend a silencershop kiosk and buy from anywhere you want. If it’s something else I don’t know anything about them except that they had flyers at Gander mountain once.

I don't quite understand Silencer Shop's fancy icons on their list of dealers - which ones have the kiosk, or do they all have it?

Sorry to hijack the thread. Dakota Silencers had a small showing at Wells this year, not like what I normally see at the MWCA shows. They've been friendly to talk to and it's really nice to actually see so many hearing safety devices in person. I still don't feel comfortable buying something from them, because I can't get my head wrapped around how they can deliver a suppressor to me without going to Sioux Falls. Not that I mind going to Sioux Falls.

My 300BLK build is almost finished and I'll be in the market for a new "good neighbor" device soon.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:26 pm

2in2out wrote:
Ghost wrote:If it’s a suppressor you want I’d recommend a silencershop kiosk and buy from anywhere you want. If it’s something else I don’t know anything about them except that they had flyers at Gander mountain once.

I don't quite understand Silencer Shop's fancy icons on their list of dealers - which ones have the kiosk, or do they all have it?

Sorry to hijack the thread. Dakota Silencers had a small showing at Wells this year, not like what I normally see at the MWCA shows. They've been friendly to talk to and it's really nice to actually see so many hearing safety devices in person. I still don't feel comfortable buying something from them, because I can't get my head wrapped around how they can deliver a suppressor to me without going to Sioux Falls. Not that I mind going to Sioux Falls.

My 300BLK build is almost finished and I'll be in the market for a new "good neighbor" device soon.

I believe the red powered buy means they have one. I've used both Atomic and the Frontiersmans in the past.
Ghost

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:56 am

2in2out wrote:

I have a friend that bought two from them right after they were legalized. He's been happy with them. He picked his up in Brandon, where they have a guy with an FFL.
Jackpine Savage

Return to Suppressors