Dealer to transfer new suppressor from out of state?

Re: Dealer to transfer new suppressor from out of state?

Postby Erud on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:27 am

Good that they made an effort at least. About 15 years ago I won a Glock certificate at a GSSC match. Bills Gun shop said they could do the transfer, so I got a copy of their FFL, filled out the form and sent everything in to GLOCK. The form was very clear about not calling Glock to ask about the status, so I didn’t do that. After a few months, I started calling Bill’s every so often to ask, and they always replied that they hadn’t seen it yet. After about 6 months, I finally called Glock and they told me they had sent it out within a month of receiving my cert, and gave me the serial number. I called Bill’s with that info and they found it in their inventory. In hindsight, it seems pretty amazing that they hadn’t sold it to someone else by then.
Erud

Postby skeeter856 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:31 pm

Anyone see this? A step in the right direction...

https://apple.news/ACIkn7Y4CQIifI6XdnHvH9Q
skeeter856

Postby LarryP on Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:04 am

That is good news. Will support some arguments when Biden starts to ban them for public use
LarryP

Postby xd ED on Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:07 am

Or, perhaps our betters will simply point out that no commoner needs any 'weapons of war', that belong on the battleground - not a playground....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:31 am

I thought their ideal was to be more like the EU? Over there they are an over the counter item.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:32 am

Holland&Holland wrote:I thought their ideal was to be more like the EU? Over there they are an over the counter item.

You can hardly get a gun but if you can and do you have to have it suppressed. Interesting concept.
Last edited by LarryFlew on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:42 am

LarryFlew wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:I thought their ideal was to be more like the EU? Over there they are an over the counter item.

You can hardly get a gun but if you can and you have to have it suppressed. Interesting concept.

I thought Harris already signed the Gun Confiscation Act into law? That is why the shelves are empty at the gun counter.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:05 pm

C'mon Man, gotta at least wait 'til she boots Biden.
LarryFlew

Postby rtk on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:13 pm

C4C2834D-B03C-4914-8F03-EC2427465C06.jpeg
C4C2834D-B03C-4914-8F03-EC2427465C06.jpeg (22.44 KB) Viewed 5847 times
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby EJSG19 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:33 am

I've chosen to read very little of this thread, because I'm stuck in a non-moving grain line, the coffee is fighting back, and I also have suppressor angst.

If there is a Hybrid 46 on a shelf somewhere send it to my dealer!

Biden and buffalo horns for 2021! Keep your powder dry, seems as though there are more and more people who aren't on our side...
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby daleamn on Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:09 pm

seems as though there are more and more people who aren't on our side...

Well yeah, seems that way to me too but an undeniable FACT is there are more and more gun owners out there too and maybe, just maybe they will want a neat accessory like a suppressor for their new gun (a goodly number of guns are being sold with threaded barrels just itchin' to be suppressed) and maybe, actually owning a gun they will see how ridiculous the suppressor regulations are.

And then maybe they will get rid of the regulations about handgun stocks. Not being able to put a shoulder stock on a handgun just totally makes no sense to me at all.

Yeah, and then they will realize only law abiding folk pay attention to gun laws and law abiding folk are not the problem. Captain Pollyanna out.
daleamn

Postby EJSG19 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:34 pm

daleamn wrote:

Well yeah, seems that way to me too but an undeniable FACT is there are more and more gun owners out there too and maybe, just maybe they will want a neat accessory like a suppressor for their new gun (a goodly number of guns are being sold with threaded barrels just itchin' to be suppressed) and maybe, actually owning a gun they will see how ridiculous the suppressor regulations are.

And then maybe they will get rid of the regulations about handgun stocks. Not being able to put a shoulder stock on a handgun just totally makes no sense to me at all.

Yeah, and then they will realize only law abiding folk pay attention to gun laws and law abiding folk are not the problem. Captain Pollyanna out.

Sentiments that have been expressed for decades.

When a small fraction of the population gives a damn enough to vote, and that fraction is most perfectly split, who knows what will happen and which direction.

We just watched congress impeach a guy with 7 days left on his term "just in case he runs for President again."

The stupid outweighs the logical these days, but we all pull for what you stated to happen.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby BigBlue on Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:30 am

EJSG19 wrote:The stupid outweighs the logical these days,

That could be the motto of 2020. And now 2021 is like "hold my beer..."
BigBlue

Postby LarryFlew on Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm

daleamn wrote:

I thought "dreamers" where something else entirely ;-) Hope you are correct but only my grand kids or great grand kids will see that kind of future IF they are lucky.
LarryFlew

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:57 pm

Nice to think, but I fear there are plenty of folks that want to take my guns and keep theirs.
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to Suppressors