Dealer to transfer new suppressor from out of state?

Postby Erud on Sun May 24, 2020 10:03 am

So I have a friend in WI who is a suppressor dealer. He will give me really good pricing, but me being a MN resident causes some complications. Does anyone know of a SOT (or whatever, I’m not up on all the terminology) dealer that would do the form 4 transfer if I bought from him to ship to MN? Obviously I would expect to pay for this service.

Thanks for any help.
Erud

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun May 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Atomic Tactical used to provide this service, from what I recall.
gun_fan111v2

Re: Dealer to transfer new suppressor from out of state?

Postby Bitter Bastard on Sun May 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Accutac arms in Lakeville. Good people, efficient, know what they are doing.

Good luck!

Bitter Bastard
Bitter Bastard

Postby nhluke on Sun May 24, 2020 7:35 pm

I've used a few places... Accutac will be my next.
One benefit to a place like modern sportsman or a place with a range is you can shoot it at their facility while you wait for the one year of stupidity to end. I'll assume your friend is getting something for a rifle to shoot at longer than indoor ranges so it's not a selling point.

If your buddy is really from Wisconsin, Accutac gives beer vouchers to a lil spot near their shop.
nhluke

Postby Erud on Mon May 25, 2020 5:54 am

Thanks guys. I’m very close to Lakeville, so I will check with Accutac tomorrow and see if they can help.

One year of stupidity is right. That’s what’s stopped me from getting any up until now. Oh well, I know our benevolent overlords only make these laws for our own good, and I trust them completely to do the right thing.
Erud

Postby Bitter Bastard on Mon May 25, 2020 9:20 am

Erud wrote:Thanks guys. I’m very close to Lakeville, so I will check with Accutac tomorrow and see if they can help.

One year of stupidity is right. That’s what’s stopped me from getting any up until now. Oh well, I know our benevolent overlords only make these laws for our own good, and I trust them completely to do the right thing.

I just picked up a silencer Saturday from Accutac that only took six months to xfer. So there's hope!

Bitter Bastard
Bitter Bastard

Postby Erud on Mon May 25, 2020 12:02 pm

Nice! That is encouraging.
Erud

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 26, 2020 7:56 am

Bitter Bastard wrote:
Erud wrote:Thanks guys. I’m very close to Lakeville, so I will check with Accutac tomorrow and see if they can help.

I just picked up a silencer Saturday from Accutac that only took six months to xfer. So there's hope!

Bitter Bastard

Congratulations, it had to be tough to delay y
Its inevitable indiscriminate killing spree, since it is well known that suppressors are very very dangerous...... ;)
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Erud on Sat May 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Just a follow-up here. I stopped in at Accutac on Thursday. Dillon was super cool, and I think I learned more about suppressors after BS’ing with him for 15 minutes than I knew prior to that. He is going to do the transfer on the can that my buddy’s shop has in stock, and I am buying the other directly from Accutac. I’m glad that this shop exists, and is so close to me.

Thanks for the help.
Erud

Postby imyz1 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:17 pm

I believe that Arnzen Arms is a class III dealer. They’re just off of HWY 212, SW Metro area
imyz1

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:58 pm

imyz1 wrote:I believe that Arnzen Arms is a class III dealer. They’re just off of HWY 212, SW Metro area

I have one in jail with them waiting for our super efficient government to process paperwork and another on back order. Easy to work with. Waiting sucks.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryP on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:26 am

imyz1 wrote:I believe that Arnzen Arms is a class III dealer. They’re just off of HWY 212, SW Metro area

Phone: 952-944-1875; Fax: 952-944-1609
12494 Plaza Dr, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
LarryP

Postby warrlac on Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Accutac Arms is by far the best choice, hands down.

A word of caution about buying NFA through The Modern Sportsman in Burnsville. I purchased a Daniel Defense Wave QD silencer from there on Black Friday of 2018. The (trust) Form 4 paperwork was done on December 20, 2018. I waited a year and then called them out. They apologized and blamed the problem on the ATF moving its offices. I refiled the Form 4 paperwork on February 20, 2020. When I called the ATF in June to check on my serial number, they had no record of it. The Modern Sportsman fired the guy who was doing its NFA paperwork this summer and I had to re-submit the whole Form 4 package a third time in late August of this year with one of the new employees there...

I feel that if I am lucky I might get the tax stamp for my November 2018 purchase sometime around mid-summer 2021.

nhluke wrote:I've used a few places... Accutac will be my next.
One benefit to a place like modern sportsman or a place with a range is you can shoot it at their facility while you wait for the one year of stupidity to end. I'll assume your friend is getting something for a rifle to shoot at longer than indoor ranges so it's not a selling point.

If your buddy is really from Wisconsin, Accutac gives beer vouchers to a lil spot near their shop.
warrlac

Postby Erud on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:31 am

Man, that really sucks. It’s hard enough to lay down the money for something you know you might not get for a year, but to have it turn into 2+ is ridiculous. Since it sounds like Modern Sportsman caused the problem, did they offer to do anything to make it right?
Erud

Postby warrlac on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Erud wrote:Man, that really sucks. It’s hard enough to lay down the money for something you know you might not get for a year, but to have it turn into 2+ is ridiculous. Since it sounds like Modern Sportsman caused the problem, did they offer to do anything to make it right?

Yes. The 1st time they gave me a 3 month range membership. The 2nd time they offered me a $150 gift certificate. I took them both. Sadly however both gestures, while considerate, do not make up for the incompetence and ineptness of their processes or their ex-employee.
warrlac

Next

Return to Suppressors