450 bushmaster lower question.

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

450 bushmaster lower question.

Postby Livngr8ful on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 pm

I've picked up a 450 bushmaster upper. I am wondering what the best lower set up for this would be. Should I use the hydraulic buffer (due to the recoil. I have my POF 415 16" recon that I am thinking of just interchanging the uppers From the 5.56 to the 450 bushmaster. Would the 450 damage or alter the POF lower I have or should I just find a different lower all together. I know this POF is brutally strong and made to withstand alot of abuse. I just dont want to beat it up if I dont have to. Any advice would be awesome.
Questions can't be stupid, only answers can be stupid.
Livngr8ful

Re: 450 bushmaster lower question.

Postby rukwikenuf on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 pm

i think that the POF lower is going to be stronger than anything that Bushy is making. however, that's an outside looking in kinda perspective, don't take it as a real opinion
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby Livngr8ful on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:07 am

rukwikenuf wrote:i think that the POF lower is going to be stronger than anything that Bushy is making. however, that's an outside looking in kinda perspective, don't take it as a real opinion

I agree it would be able to tolerate the 450 bushmaster, but will that beefy of a round have a negative effect on the lower? I've done some reading and it looks like it would be safe, Im just paranoid about negatively altering a 2K gun. And my next question would be, do I get the hydraulic buffer or just use the standard buffer or, just get a beefy spring upgrade.
Questions can't be stupid, only answers can be stupid.
Livngr8ful

Postby Squib Joe on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:56 pm

People are putting 50BMG uppers on all sorts of AR lowers. Any quality forged lower will get the job done. The 450Bushy recoil doesn't seem bad to me, feels like a 308
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby MnHornet on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:05 pm

I've got my 16 in on a CMMG lower. Don't think you'll have any issues.
The 450bushmaster forum, is a great resource, lots of guys that have been into them since the beginning.
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Return to Long Guns