Timney trigger on a Mosin?

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: Timney trigger on a Mosin?

Postby Momosa on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Not sure about that $100 upgrade on a $100 gun comment. It took me one time at the range to realize this Mosin is a fun, cheap & accurate gun that is worthy of some love.......so I tapped out the rear 3 pins in the rear iron sight and removed the iron sight, revealing the 3/8" dovetail on the gun itself......then I bought a weaver 3/8" to 5/8" mounting kit and a nice new set of weaver tall scope rings.....mounted that all on the gun with blue Loctite used on all screws.....and topped it off with a Simmons Trophy Series handgun scope.......you have to use handgun scopes rated for decent recoil because of the wierd long eye relief situation with the Mosin.....bottom line is that this pig rocks now. Accurate as heck & I did add a Limbsaver recoil pad too after a nice football sized bruise from the second day at the range..... The steel but plate is still there but I covered it with the Limbsaver for $20. The Mosin kicks like a mule on PCP otherwise. I think I've got $300 into it and I wouldn't change a thing. It's a blast to shoot.
Attachments
image.jpg
If you must snap, please leave your guns at home. We don't really care if they ban claw hammers tho!!!
Momosa

Previous

Return to Long Guns