Mosin insanity

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Mosin insanity

Postby CarRacer on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 pm

More people doing dumb stuff with a Mosin, this time a bullpup. Watch the first minute then skip to the last minute. Lots of redundant filler in between with awful music on top of the video.
CarRacer

Re: Mosin insanity

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 pm

He destroyed a beautiful piece of walnut for that.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Sammichman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Really not my style but, I give the Guy Props for being able to do that Kind of thing
Sammichman

Postby Lunchbox on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:33 am

I was contemplating doing a bullpup mosin for the build off that happened back in may. Gave up on the idea when I realized it would be a ton of work making a stock with nothing more then the dremel I had available at the time.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby plink on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:56 am

Lunchbox wrote:I was contemplating doing a bullpup mosin for the build off that happened back in may. Gave up on the idea when I realized it would be a ton of work making a stock with nothing more then the dremel I had available at the time.

Wasn't that the bubba build off? Screw the dremel. With the rules for that contest you could've just used a hatchet.
plink

Postby Thunder71 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 am

Ripping on that? I think it's amazing what he was able to do... like the style or not, it's some nice workmanship.

Love it.
Thunder71

Postby Lunchbox on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm

plink wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:I was contemplating doing a bullpup mosin for the build off that happened back in may. Gave up on the idea when I realized it would be a ton of work making a stock with nothing more then the dremel I had available at the time.

Wasn't that the bubba build off? Screw the dremel. With the rules for that contest you could've just used a hatchet.

Yes it was. I know I could have used a hatchet but I wanted it to still look half ways decent when it was all said and done. Why go through all that trouble to have something that doesn't look good?
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby plink on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:21 am

Lunchbox wrote:Yes it was. I know I could have used a hatchet but I wanted it to still look half ways decent when it was all said and done. Why go through all that trouble to have something that doesn't look good?

Camouflage. Hide it in a stack of scrap wood and nobody will ever be the wiser. Just not a stack near a fireplace.
plink

Postby Lunchbox on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:09 am

plink wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:Yes it was. I know I could have used a hatchet but I wanted it to still look half ways decent when it was all said and done. Why go through all that trouble to have something that doesn't look good?

Camouflage. Hide it in a stack of scrap wood and nobody will ever be the wiser. Just not a stack near a fireplace.

I used a fireplace to sweat all of the cosmo out of the original stock, prior to chopping the piss monkey hell out of it. Worked great.
Lunchbox

Postby plink on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:51 pm

plink

Return to Long Guns