Eotech XPS2

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Eotech XPS2

Postby Glocktwenty3 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:29 am

Picked up a Eotech sight on Monday at Cabela's in Rogers. Looking forward to going to the range this weekend to zero it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360776531.976033.jpg
Glocktwenty3

Re: Eotech XPS2

Postby EJSG19 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00 pm

what no stack of 50 phone books in your basement for a backstop? True enthusiasts improvise!

eotech's are great, congrats
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby Muddy41 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 pm

SO what did that set you back...I would love to get one but way out of my current price range
Muddy41

Postby grousemaster on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Looks nice. I should have got that one. My 512 already crapped out on me. Reticle fades on right side of window. I guess it's common. This 512 has seen no combat
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Hmac on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:03 pm

grousemaster wrote:Looks nice. I should have got that one. My 512 already crapped out on me. Reticle fades on right side of window. I guess it's common. This 512 has seen no combat

Eotech has really exceptional customer service. They'll fix that sucker right up for you and get it back in very short order.
Hmac

Postby arizona98tj on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:02 pm

I run an EOTech XPS2 on my FNH SLP Mk1 shotgun. It is a nice sight for such things, IMO....and it sure makes a defensive shotgun course a lot of fun. Shot the heck out of it during an advanced class.
arizona98tj

Postby grousemaster on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 am

Hmac wrote:
grousemaster wrote:Looks nice. I should have got that one. My 512 already crapped out on me. Reticle fades on right side of window. I guess it's common. This 512 has seen no combat

Eotech has really exceptional customer service. They'll fix that sucker right up for you and get it back in very short order.

They are, sent it back last week. A little disappointing that a safe queen eotech didn't hold up to the conditions inside a house.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby The Lance on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:56 am

You can always sell it off...
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby minnesotagunner on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:16 pm

grousemaster wrote:
Hmac wrote:

They are, sent it back last week. A little disappointing that a safe queen eotech didn't hold up to the conditions inside a house.

I purchased an EXPS2-0 a few months back. I knew for a long while in advance that I wanted to go eotech, but being the guy I am I still wanted to do some heavy research on the subject. After many hours of reading and researching I came to the conclusion that if I truly needed an optic/red dot to trust my life on I would get an aimpoint. Eotechs are used by a fair number of high speed guys in some pretty hairy environments, but when push comes to shove I have heard a few too many more stories of eotechs failing than the aimpoint counterpart. Dont get my wrong, I love my eotech and its great reticle, but like I said if my life depended on it I would go aimpoint. I dont think Eotech can match the dependability and ruggedness.
Attachments
100_3569.JPG
Eotech's still rock!
minnesotagunner

Postby The Lance on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Aimpoint PRO.. best red dot on the market..

It's reasonably priced and offers very little that the top of the line Comp ML4s doesn't.

I love mine.

I did have an eotech 512 and I liked it too but It is better suited for quick target acquisition and closed quarters combat.

Which is why the military used eotechs for that purpose.

However my PRO is better all around for my uses and most other "home defense" rifles
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby Hmac on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 pm

I have a few Eotechs and a couple of Aimpoints. I like both brands. Eotech inline battery models like the earlier 512s had a problem with failure of the battery contacts and that's dogged ther reputation long after the problem was addressed. The transverse battery mount models like the XPS and EXPS versions addressed the battery issue and reliability is good currently. I have had absolutely no issues with any Eotech I've owned and feel no need to get rid of any of them.

Having said that, I certainly haven't found anything I don't like about my Aimpoint PRO, and at less than $400 including mount, I can't think of any reason to get an Eotech over an Aimpoint PRO unless one vastly prefers the Eotech reticle.
Hmac

Postby grousemaster on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:06 pm

As other posters have mentioned, the Aimpoint Pro is the cat's ass of $500 and under non-magnified optic right now. I have one of those, and much prefer it to the eotech I have, and the other one I had and sold. Eotech was great because they're damn good optics, and they were $2-$300 less for an entry level model vs. Aimpoint. The Aimpoint Pro greatly changes this, and I can't thin of any reason to buy an Eotech with the Aimpoint Pro now available, unless you just really love the reticle. The tube vs. window thing with me holds no weight as I shoot with both eyes open and don't look down a "tube".

Both will serve you very well, but I'm concerned about cold weather battery life of the AA's in the 512, all AA's seem to go to **** quick in cold weather. I'm sure the Aimpoint battery would be lessened in cold weather as well, but would still last 6 months to a year of being constantly on :D
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby 20mm on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 pm

A Red Dot is not equal to Holosight. Completely different technologies.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby grousemaster on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:11 pm

20mm wrote:A Red Dot is not equal to Holosight. Completely different technologies.

That accomplish the same thing.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Hmac on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:13 pm

20mm wrote:A Red Dot is not equal to Holosight. Completely different technologies.

Different methods of achieving the same end. Other than the ability to project a more complex reticle rather than just a single dot, no advantage to holographic projection.
Hmac

Next

Return to Long Guns