Got a first sale today

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Got a first sale today

Postby FJ540 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:00 pm

No, not the STD's - I got the first Schreyer Weapon Systems lower sold at Atomic Tactical. :mrgreen:

This one will be my 300blk rifle lower as soon as I get it assembled. (pics later)

Congrat's Consummate and Jfettig on an excellent design. You forgot the trigger take up screw. ;) Off to the mill I go...
FJ540

Re: Got a first sale today

Postby forcefed on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Lucky!
forcefed

Postby adoptedson on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I've seen 'em in person and they look really nice. Love the flared magwell and the trigger guard. Their logo on there looks nice as well. I'd like to get one eventually, help support the Schreyer guys. Congrats man!
adoptedson

Postby JFettig on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:23 pm

I hope you enjoy it!
JFettig

Postby Consummate on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:34 pm

Thanks for the kind words! We're very happy with it as well.

Jon has done an extremely great job with the design. Even though he grumbles a bit when I've wanted something changed. ;)

As for any enhancements people would like to see, we'll listen. Shoot over an email to Sales@SchreyerWeaponSystems.com :)

07 FFL SOT
Also providing Cerakote Firearm finishes
Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.
http://www.SchreyerWeaponSystems.com

LIKE us! http://www.Facebook.com/SchreyerWeaponSystems
Consummate

Postby JFettig on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Consummate wrote:Jon has done an extremely great job with the design. Even though he grumbles a bit when I've wanted something changed. ;)

I think that's the 100 hour weeks ;)
JFettig

Postby FJ540 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 pm

As promised, 8-32 tap getting ready to come out of the new hole:

Assembled:

I've got another MOE+ foliage grip coming. Eventually :roll: That's my color coding for 300blk amongst my AR's. For now the black one will have to suffice.

PSA LPK went in with zero issues. Had to cut down the rear take down pin spring to account for the setscrew's length, but that's common sense for most.

My painted pmags fit great and drop free with very little wiggle.

The only other issues I have is that the trigger guard is too wide by the front of the grip. There's a step there on the forged lowers, and all the grips on the market are likely to look a little odd at that transition where yours are wider (there's a cavity behind the trigger well now). You could come by with the chamfer endmill and take it down, or you could do the corner rounding end mill to round it off after stepping it. That would also clean up the flare at the bottom rear of the trigger guard a little better - it's rather pronounced as it is (an aesthetic issue, and just my opinion). I can take a pic if you'd like.

And lastly, the mag release button is a bit proud of the guard ledge. The reason for that cavity on the Stoner design is to prevent the mag release from getting bumped when flopping around in combat. Not really an issue for most folks (not even me), but having a little more protection would be a good thing if you're revising the program anyway. The height of the mag catch pocket and supporting structure (opposite side) is absolutely perfect.

Fits my redx upper like a glove. I hope to get some range time this weekend. :mrgreen:
FJ540

Postby Consummate on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 am

FJ540 wrote:
PSA LPK went in with zero issues. Had to cut down the rear take down pin spring to account for the setscrew's length, but that's common sense for most.

My painted pmags fit great and drop free with very little wiggle.

The only other issues I have is that the trigger guard is too wide by the front of the grip. There's a step there on the forged lowers, and all the grips on the market are likely to look a little odd at that transition where yours are wider (there's a cavity behind the trigger well now). You could come by with the chamfer endmill and take it down, or you could do the corner rounding end mill to round it off after stepping it. That would also clean up the flare at the bottom rear of the trigger guard a little better - it's rather pronounced as it is (an aesthetic issue, and just my opinion). I can take a pic if you'd like.

And lastly, the mag release button is a bit proud of the guard ledge. The reason for that cavity on the Stoner design is to prevent the mag release from getting bumped when flopping around in combat. Not really an issue for most folks (not even me), but having a little more protection would be a good thing if you're revising the program anyway. The height of the mag catch pocket and supporting structure (opposite side) is absolutely perfect.

Fits my redx upper like a glove. I hope to get some range time this weekend. :mrgreen:

The trigger guard, and receiver are by design wide. They fit the mil spec grip like a glove. An Ergo grip is to be used on our fully assembled lowers/complete rifles. I personally will never use a magpul grip, I just plain don't like them.

As for the mag catch. I've slung and banged the demo rifle around quite bit and have not had any issue with the mag release, it's been opened up to aid in reloads while wearing gloves, or under high stress situations.

I'm glad you like everything else! Thanks for your support. Keep us posted on your trip to the range!

07 FFL SOT

Consummate

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm

We sold our first SWS lower yesterday as well!

These are worth looking into if you want a high quality receiver, made (literally) one at a time by - most importantly - a LOCAL business.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby FJ540 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:39 pm

I have the opposite opinion of the MOE+ rubberized grips - I have them on all my AR's (4 and counting). I'm not a fan of the Ergo's at all and went with hogue before realising the MOE took up the needed space to account for my bigger hands.

Nothing said is meant to be detrimental. Just my take on the design. I'm very pleased with 98% of the features, the other 2% isn't much to fret about.

Jon mentioned the magpul's have a taper on them, which accounts for the edge in a PM. I've never noticed it, and it's only now obvious since the grip falls away from the lower. No worries guys.
FJ540

Postby FJ540 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:02 pm

So here's the grips I have on hand:

MOE+

MOE

PSA A2
FJ540

Postby Consummate on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 pm

FJ540 wrote:I have the opposite opinion of the MOE+ rubberized grips - I have them on all my AR's (4 and counting). I'm not a fan of the Ergo's at all and went with hogue before realising the MOE took up the needed space to account for my bigger hands.

Haven't tried the tactical deluxe?

07 FFL SOT

Consummate

Postby FJ540 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:26 am

I have, and I don't care for the big bump on the backstrap (doesn't fit my thumb muscle right). MOE's feel like they were made for my hands.
FJ540

Postby cgrant26 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 am

I got to check out one of these SWS billet lowers first hand today at Atomic Tactical. Looks like a quality part. The mag well flare is just a tad over the top for my aesthetic tastes, but I like it far more than a typical pattern AR spec lower and it should make rapid mag changes stupid fast. (In my opinion, Noveske and Larue billet lowers have a perfect mag well flare) The trigger guard is perfectly sized for a gloved finger and the overall build and finish quality looks superb. I love the styling of it, a bit unique but in a very good way. I can see myself snagging one of these in the future.

Also, it was nice to see Atomic had a decent amount of product in stock. :mrgreen:
cgrant26

Postby Lunchbox on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:18 am

I sold my first one today about an hour ago. To be fair this was my first day on the sales floor since we got a batch in.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Next

Return to Long Guns