Black Friday AR deals

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Black Friday AR deals

Postby gdubya on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Looking for a deal on an AR. Its likely use will be sitting in a safe and being shot at the range about a half dozen times a year. I would like to take a class with it at some point, but thats maybe a year or so out at least. I am looking for entry level value here.

Where should I be looking for either online or in person deals in the metro?
gdubya

Re: Black Friday AR deals

Postby BBeckwith on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:55 pm

ThunderJohn just posted some pretty decent deals on entry level ARs on the SouthwestArms Facebook page
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby ex-LT on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:09 pm

DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Back In Black on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Shields for $359.99....damn.
Keith
Back In Black

Postby andrewP on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:24 am

Looking at that PSA link, am I right in thinking that this plus this is a decent basic complete AR-15 for in the neighborhood of $600, and the only thing missing is mags? It's a 5.56 chamber, chrome-lined barrel made by FN, etc, claims to have a properly staked gas key and seems to have all the other requisite buzzwords that signify quality. I mean, sure, the lower is a "blem," but that probably means it's got some small cosmetic problem, which could easily be argued not to matter at that price point.
andrewP

Postby Scratch on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:34 am

I just so happen to have a PSA blem stripped lower that just came in for someone, sitting in front of me. There's not a scratch on it, but on the mag well on one side, the anodizing is just a little bit mottled. I'm not sure if I would call it a blem but it's the only thing I can see that could possibly qualify it for a blem.

I've had other blems that came through with the same type of small cosmetic problems.

I've never seen a blem that I wouldn't pay for. PSA or other.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby shooter115 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:38 am

Looks like Palmetto is going to have complete uppers with BCG and CH for $279 on black Friday. Albeit it is their lower grade PTAC line, but damn that's cheap.
shooter115

Postby tator2k on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:08 am

I ordered and will receive one of their complete packages minus lower w/ .22 conversion. $499 Fantastic deal!
tator2k

Postby gdubya on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:35 pm

tator2k wrote:I ordered and will receive one of their complete packages minus lower w/ .22 conversion. $499 Fantastic deal!

Yep, I ended up ordering the same package, and a $50 blem stripped lower. Wish I had ordered 2 of those now.
gdubya

Postby gdubya on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Got my kit in the mail today, but still waiting on the lower I ordered a day later. Just put the unopened box in the safe to keep from going crazy with anticipation.
gdubya

Postby gdubya on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:51 pm

gdubya wrote:Got my kit in the mail today, but still waiting on the lower I ordered a day later. Just put the unopened box in the safe to keep from going crazy with anticipation.

It's here! It's here! My stripped lower is here, going to transfer it tonight. Unfortunately my brass hammer and punches won't arrive until Monday. :(
gdubya

Postby Evad on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:52 pm

I want to know what you think. My lowers are still at the FFL, and kit box is still taped.
Evad

Postby gdubya on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Well take it with a grain of salt, because it is my first AR of any kind or anything similar. I saw no dings,machining marks, uneven or out of round hole, or anything that would tell me it is a blem. I thought maybe there was a discolored spot on the finish at first, but after I rubbed it with a dry soft cloth it was gone and I couldnt see anything wrong with it. Maybe someone more experienced who knew what to look for could find what might be flawed.
gdubya

Postby gdubya on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Well take it with a grain of salt, because it is my first AR of any kind or anything similar. I saw no dings,machining marks, uneven or out of round hole, or anything that would tell me it is a blem. I thought maybe there was a discolored spot on the finish at first, but after I rubbed it with a dry soft cloth it was gone and I couldnt see anything wrong with it. Maybe someone more experienced who knew what to look for could find what might be flawed.
gdubya

Postby northernbird on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Going to pick up my $50 blem tomorrow. Merry Christmas to me. :)

Edit: I think I found the blemish on my lower. Inside the mag well theres a scratch.. yeah thats about all I can find. What a great deal :D
northernbird

Next

Return to Long Guns