Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:33 pm

I switched from a sig brace to the shockwave about a year ago. Definitely lighten the load. It's ok. Would like to SBR it but that $200 bucks is better spent on powder or bullets. Hoping trump dismantles the atf allot, especially after there cigarette ordeal went down. They are a bit to big for there ego!
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1750 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby David on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Something about the AMD-65 has always turned my head. Leave it to the Hungarians to do the AK a little differently than anyone else.

Imagescreenshot on pccertificity.com
User avatar
David
 
Posts: 2388 [View]
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:35 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Uffdaphil on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 pm

No new AR pics in over a year? Sheesh. Here is the SBR I just finished a few hours ago.
12.5” Hodge Defense Mod 1 barrel
11.7” SLR Solo Lite rail
Griffin Recce 5 can
TA110 Acog

Funny how the slightly glossy Mega lower looks green. I’m no photo ninja.

Image
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil
 
Posts: 581 [View]
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 pm
Location: Bloomington

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Ghost on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:51 am

Uffdaphil wrote:No new AR pics in over a year? Sheesh. Here is the SBR I just finished a few hours ago.
12.5” Hodge Defense Mod 1 barrel
11.7” SLR Solo Lite rail
Griffin Recce 5 can
TA110 Acog

Funny how the slightly glossy Mega lower looks green. I’m no photo ninja.

Image

Fun looking rifle you got there
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7171 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Waiting on my can to come in any day now to post a pic. Guess I could post my 12 inch Grendel that shares the lower with my 10 inch 300 BO that’s waiting on the can.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1750 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Uffdaphil on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:15 pm

300 BLK, 8.3” BA SS Hanson barrel, 7.5” SLR Solo Lite rail and Omega 9K can. Was an SBR, but I like the SBA3 lower better.

Image
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil
 
Posts: 581 [View]
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 pm
Location: Bloomington

Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:14 am

Picked up a cheap build rifle last night. Anderson mfg lower. AR stoner upper.

Will still make liberals cry. Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
User avatar
PHATSPEED7x
 
Posts: 1341 [View]
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby purd0027 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Any experienced AR builders starting a new build anytime soon? If so would you be willing to help someone with their first build? Located in St. Paul. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
purd0027
 
Posts: 55 [View]
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:37 pm

purd0027 wrote:Any experienced AR builders starting a new build anytime soon? If so would you be willing to help someone with their first build? Located in St. Paul. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Anything you are questioning in particular?
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7171 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby purd0027 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Nothing in particular. Things of mechanical nature never seem 100% intuitive to me and so I am always rather cautious, fearful of hurting the parts, tools, or myself :) I've decided I learn the best when learning hands on, in person.

I'm also just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information out there: YouTube videos, forums, manufacturers sites . . . So there is also some analysis paralysis that sets in for me too ...

Still waiting on a few more parts to come (and tools). I suppose I could try to get started and see where I get stuck:)
purd0027
 
Posts: 55 [View]
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm

purd0027 wrote:Nothing in particular. Things of mechanical nature never seem 100% intuitive to me and so I am always rather cautious, fearful of hurting the parts, tools, or myself :) I've decided I learn the best when learning hands on, in person.

I'm also just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information out there: YouTube videos, forums, manufacturers sites . . . So there is also some analysis paralysis that sets in for me too ...

Still waiting on a few more parts to come (and tools). I suppose I could try to get started and see where I get stuck:)


The midway USA videos are an awesome way to start. Take your time. Watch the specific part you are working on right before you attempt it and think through it. It really is not hard.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7529 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
purd0027 wrote:Nothing in particular. Things of mechanical nature never seem 100% intuitive to me and so I am always rather cautious, fearful of hurting the parts, tools, or myself :) I've decided I learn the best when learning hands on, in person.

I'm also just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information out there: YouTube videos, forums, manufacturers sites . . . So there is also some analysis paralysis that sets in for me too ...

Still waiting on a few more parts to come (and tools). I suppose I could try to get started and see where I get stuck:)


The midway USA videos are an awesome way to start. Take your time. Watch the specific part you are working on right before you attempt it and think through it. It really is not hard.

Yep, Midway and Brownells are great resources. Also there’s a step by step guide on AR15.com. I’ll see if I can locate it.

Should create a build thread and we can help you along if needed.

Looks like the links there don’t work but there’s plenty of info there.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Assemble_your_own_LOWER__UPPER__FREE_FLOAT__TRIGGER__GAS_BLOCK___Step_by_step_instructions_/4-226782/?
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7171 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby FJ540 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Not exactly a black rifle but the FFL dude said the ATF lady said I needed a purchase permit for "military type" guns... Functionally no different than a Remmy 700, but whatever. :roll:

https://imgur.com/a/EEYPNrY
User avatar
FJ540
 
Posts: 6828 [View]
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: Rock Ridge

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:10 pm

FJ540 wrote:Not exactly a black rifle but the FFL dude said the ATF lady said I needed a purchase permit for "military type" guns... Functionally no different than a Remmy 700, but whatever. :roll:

https://imgur.com/a/EEYPNrY

Nice!

Never heard of a bolt gun requiring a permit.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7529 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:40 am

FJ540 wrote:Not exactly a black rifle but the FFL dude said the ATF lady said I needed a purchase permit for "military type" guns... Functionally no different than a Remmy 700, but whatever. :roll:

https://imgur.com/a/EEYPNrY


ATF Lady was Wrong. There is no requirement for any type of permit to purchase a bolt action rifle, regardless of caliber. If there had been, I'm certain they would have flagged me, when I purchased my 50 BMG Bolt Action Rifle.

On top of that, our Carry Permit, would have that "purchase permit" trumped (yeah I know...lol).

That's still a Purty Rifle. I hope you realize that when we go to shoot, I'll have to give her a spin or two :gun:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code"
Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
User avatar
BigDog58
 
Posts: 2234 [View]
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 am
Location: Edina, MN

PreviousNext

Return to Long Guns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron