Gunsmith West of the cities?

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Gunsmith West of the cities?

Postby IvanTheTerribleShot on Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:30 pm

I need help installing (pressing in) AK barrel. Could anyone recommend a gunsmith in the West of the suburbs? (I regularly visit Buffalo.)
Found two of three in yellow pages, but they don't return calls.
IvanTheTerribleShot

Re: Gunsmith West of the cities?

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:14 pm

They send it out I am sure but H&H in Maple Lake has had pretty quick turn around and good service for kids on my trap team with shotgun issues.
Holland&Holland

Postby IvanTheTerribleShot on Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:58 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:They send it out I am sure but H&H in Maple Lake has had pretty quick turn around and good service for kids on my trap team with shotgun issues.

Thank you, will give them a try!

"Send it out" means it takes more than a day and there is an FFL transfer involved? (Sorry, I am that ignorant)
IvanTheTerribleShot

Postby xd ED on Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:04 pm

IvanTheTerribleShot wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:They send it out I am sure but H&H in Maple Lake has had pretty quick turn around and good service for kids on my trap team with shotgun issues.

Thank you, will give them a try!

"Send it out" means it takes more than a day and there is an FFL transfer involved? (Sorry, I am that ignorant)

I don't believe there would be a 'transfer', in the usual firearm related definition, as ownership doesn't change. But any licensed gunsmith will be required to officially log the gun in and out for the time it's in their possession.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Return to Long Guns