AR Info

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: AR Info

Postby goalie on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm

hammAR wrote:I hope you understand that I was referring to the "the 760 7600 line as a whole, averaged the best accuracy of all the guns in the lineup, even 40X's"....not your comment........
I know that the Rem 40-X's are the foundation for many of the finest shooting platforms out there....

.............. :cheers:

Aaaah, I thought you missed my sarcasm. My excuse is that I was, for once, actually focused on my patient. Yeah, that's it......

:type:
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby hammAR on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:24 pm

goalie wrote:Aaaah, I thought you missed my sarcasm. My excuse is that I was, for once, actually focused on my patient. Yeah, that's it......

:type:

...must not have use the CAPS key...................totally missed the sarcasm................. :o

can't see, hear, run, or piss like I used too when I was your age.......................... :lol:

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby David on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:01 pm

goalie wrote:...as it has killed a half-dozen deer just fine...

Jeez, Dave, everyone knows that guns don't kill deer, people do!

And Ron, man, that upper looks almost blue!
David

Postby westberg on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 am

David Slam wrote:
goalie wrote:...as it has killed a half-dozen deer just fine...

Jeez, Dave, everyone knows that guns don't kill deer, people do!

And Ron, man, that upper looks almost blue!

The flash really brings out the bluish tint, it is not really as noticeable in normal light unless your looking. I am a little disappointed about the difference in color between the lower and upper. I was thinking about doing something in the Duracoat finishes for her just to make it look a little more different.
westberg

Postby Pinnacle on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 am

mmcnx2 wrote:Einthoven, I never said Silhouette was 600 yards, give me break. I said I shot silhouette and given that experience understand what it takes to shoot 600 yards. If you want to debate that shooting 545 yards does not qualify you to shoot 600 yards then go right ahead.

And my 760 pump may be old but it in fact can shoot under an inch at 100 yards.

Hey that is great if it can shoot under an inch at 100 - here is the thing with the Remington 760 - it is a fine 2-3 shot gun - but after that they get goofy. It is a hunting gun and some of the most accurate guns that I have ever and I mean ever owned have been bone stock hunting guns.

Remington makes a heck of a fine gun period and some of them are capable of incredible accuracy - but there are limitations to that platform. Yes you can shoot a couple of sub moa groups, and yes you could hit at 600 with one that is properly set up - nobody is saying that you cant - but consistency is the measure of a rifles capabilities.

I have had in my hands (and so has Goalie) one of the finest - most inherently accurate rifles ever made with good glass and good loads.... The limiting factor even with that gun was the ability of the operators. It is a QUARTER MINUTE RIFLE int he RIGHT HANDS (mine arent those hands - goalie is a MUCH MUCH better rifle shooter than I) Steyr SSG 69PII with double set trigger (Scary)

It's partner rifle shot a 4.0" Group Center to Center in a Precision Rifle Class in Oklahoma just last year using Federal Gold Medal Match 175.... VERIFIED 600 yard group.... WITH A CAN ON THE RIFLE (dirty, and warm) ..... At 100 it shoots 0.25" all day.... But past 100 there are a lot of factors that come into play.... It is called the human factor.

I just don't think that you will get anything to shoot a whole heck of a lot better than that in the real world. Shooting small one holers at 100 is really fun and a hell of an accomplishment when you put it all together right - shooting MOA out to 600 is a HUGE accomplishment for most of us - shooting smaller groups than MOA with any rifle for us average guys is saying something tremendous.. At any range...

I just cant see a Remington 760 being able to shoot SUB MOA out to 600 for more than a couple of shots max.... That is not at all what the platform was intended for - at 100 for a couple of shots - it is certainly worthy of appreciation....
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby goalie on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 am

Pinnacle wrote:I have had in my hands (and so has Goalie) one of the finest - most inherently accurate rifles ever made with good glass and good loads.... Steyr SSG 69PII with double set trigger (Scary)

That rifle sucks. The trigger gives me NO wiggle-room. It is too nice. I need excuses. Excuses allow me to shoot better. Without excuses it is hard to shoot well. I mean, how can you expect anyone to shoot well when everyone knows every errant shot is the shooter's fault?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously though, there is only one thing to say about that rifle: :bow:
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Pinnacle on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:48 pm

I dont think that there is ANYONE worthy of that rifle at all. There are few out there that can really use a rifle well enough to take advantage of everything that it has to offer.

It is AMAZING..... You throw one and think that it was the gun - well it wasn't - it was you. Trust me.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby 1911fan on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Excuses allow me to shoot better. Without excuses it is hard to shoot well. I mean, how can you expect anyone to shoot well when everyone knows every errant shot is the shooter's fault?!?!?!?!?!?!?

One of the truest lines Ever on this here internet.

RE the 40x comment, I was merely repeating a statement made by a former employee of the Green and yellow.
1911fan

Postby David on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:30 pm

1911fan wrote:...I was merely repeating a statement made by a former employee of the Green and yellow.

What does John Deer have to do with any of this? They making guns now?

:lol:
David

Postby EJSG19 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 pm

David Slam wrote:
1911fan wrote:...I was merely repeating a statement made by a former employee of the Green and yellow.

What does John Deer have to do with any of this? They making guns now?

:lol:

If they put four wheel drive on a gun I'd buy 2.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Einthoven's Triangle

Previous

Return to Long Guns