VZ-58 milled reciever, new CZ offering...

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

VZ-58 milled reciever, new CZ offering...

Postby Magnum Wheel Man on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:25 pm

I just traded in a few other "EBR's" in for just one more rifle to add to the CZ collection... curious if there are any MN CZ collectors that have gotten one of the new '58's, & what your impressions were, after you got it ???Image
Attachments
VZ58Sporter.JPG
VZ58Sporter.JPG (8.8 KB) Viewed 1989 times
Magnum Wheel Man

Re: VZ-58 milled reciever, new CZ offering...

Postby DeanC on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:00 am

I've been wondering if they were going to become available. The only ones I've seen had de-milled receivers that had been cut.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Magnum Wheel Man on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:57 pm

here is the info off the CZ site...

http://www.cz-usa.com/news_events.php
Magnum Wheel Man

Postby Magnum Wheel Man on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Mine is here, been on lay away for 3 weeks or so... got 4 extra high cap magazines... looking forward to getting it here... I was actually thinking about taking it to the applessed shoot I was planning on attending this summer... maybe as a back up to the 10-22 ???
Magnum Wheel Man

Postby GregM on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:09 pm

I just got a Vz. 58 a few weeks ago from AIM Surplus (I'm a big CZ fan). My first "assault rifle."

It came with a folding metal stock and wood furniture (not the wood-resin composite) and it takes full capacity magazines. There's an import stamp on the barrel, so it may have been sitting in someone's warehouse for a while.

It's very light so there's more muzzle flip than you get with a nice, beefy AK47. It's also a little easier to disassemble than an AK. And the trigger action is much, much nicer.
FLEE IF YOU CAN. FIGHT IF YOU MUST.
GregM

Postby Magnum Wheel Man on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:56 pm

I wanted something traditional to fit into the collection, so I got the "cheesy" wood impregnated plastic stock & grip... I hear they are tough... I hope so, cause they are pretty ugly( I wonder if the casting lines can be sanded down without exposing any wood fiber ??? )... but over all, the rifle is very nice, new manufacture with the machined reciever ( the manual even came on DVD... I supose they used the wood they saved on paper from the manual in the stock... :lol: )... can't wait to get it off layaway, & try it out... BTW... the magazines weren't cheap... 4 extra high cap mags cost about as much as an SKS... :o ...even though I hear they are shooters, I want to break it in, then clean it up & put it away... I hope to have a CZ bolt action Carbine in 7.62 X 39 as my regular shooter, before summer is over...
Attachments
CZ 7.62 X 39 carbine.JPG
Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnum Wheel Man

Postby GregM on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:24 am

Mmmm, yes ... that little CZ carbine looks very nice. Let us know if you make the deal.
FLEE IF YOU CAN. FIGHT IF YOU MUST.
GregM

Return to Long Guns