Kept it Real today!!!

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Kept it Real today!!!

Postby justaguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:14 pm

All this talk about guns on the forum got me the itch, and there is a ton of gun stuff I have been putting off. I was also thinking if this forum wants to take it to the next level people need to post way more pictures of gun stuff. People like pictures. So in the interests of showing this form how Real I keep it, I grab some guns and my camera and went shooting. Of course besides putting off gun stuff I have been putting off camera stuff and apparently my DSLR battery needs to be replaced, otherwise I would have taken more pictures, because I need to mess with that more. ANYWHO...

I made it to the range. The 700 I got about a year ago and shot it for the first time today. I have a different set of rings, and I had a different scope, but I bought a differnt rifle that that is going to go on. There is more to that saga, but lets move on. The 10/22 I got about 4-5 years ago and have not shot it much because last time I took it to the range I realized somewhere somehow I must have but a lock on it and I couldn't shoot it because I didn't have the key. That was about 4-5 years ago. Well, I pulled it out today and SOB if it still didn't have that same lock on it. Well today was the day that thing was coming off. Luckily someone at the range had a Dremal and a cutting wheel, because the Leathermen wasn't getting it done. That wasn't the first time I had to cut a lock off one of my guns, I'm done with locks. The WASR is just a junker WASR.

I will try to see if I can post some crappy phone pictures I took, because my sweet DSLR was dead. This is one of the four I got before the DSLR died. Click on it and it looks alot better.
Last edited by justaguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Re: Kept it Real today!!!

Postby Paul on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:17 pm

What range did you shoot at?
Paul

Postby justaguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 pm

See if this works from my phone. I'll give excuses from a real keyboard.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby justaguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Excuses to follow.........

Paul its a pretty high speed low drag range that non operator types haven't heard of. All I'm sayin is alot of SEALs, Green Berets, Black Ops, Snipers, and Recon guys shoot there.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby justaguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Now I know those groups are not really keeping it Real, and I know the WASR doesn't have the bayonet. I'm looking for it. I also know only amateurs shoot from benches, but I have some decent excuses that I have practiced.

Excuses for poor groups:
I haven't shot a rifle in probably about 13-14 years. (Ok thats a lie, but the WASR doesn't count as a "rifle", and I was just blowing through rounds with the 10/22.)
I was pissed my camera died.
The trigger is a sweet factory Remington set at about 73 pounds with some slack to match.
I'm Lazy.
I'm used to 100 yard shooting, this was at 113.
There was a 0-3 MPH crosswind.
I didn't have lunch.
It was the first time shooting this rifle.

I promise to spend more time shooting groups and to get a camera battery and bring it to the next level.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby thunderoussilence on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:43 pm

justaguy wrote:Excuses to follow.........

Paul its a pretty high speed low drag range that non operator types haven't heard of. All I'm sayin is alot of SEALs, Green Berets, Black Ops, Snipers, and Recon guys shoot there.

What do any of those have to do with you ?
thunderoussilence

Postby JJ on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Why do hippies have to be so full of lousy excuses? Why can't you just admit that you suck at life?
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby justaguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:34 pm

justaguy wrote:Excuses for poor groups:
I haven't shot a rifle in probably about 13-14 years. (Ok thats a lie, but the WASR doesn't count as a "rifle", and I was just blowing through rounds with the 10/22.) .

Ok that's a lie too. I shot "The Pipe Wrench's" and Hammar's AR's the day of the now forgotten day after Thanksgiving day build.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby crbutler on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:43 pm

If you are "keeping it real" then admit that those were emptying the mag and that was all that hit the paper with an AK....

:mrgreen:
crbutler

Postby westberg on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:17 pm

What caliber is the 700?
westberg

Postby justaguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:57 pm

westberg wrote:What caliber is the 700?

Its a first generation Titanium in 7-08. The new Alaskan Ti's (if they still make them) have a longer heavier profile barrel, and I think a heavier stock and they weigh more. I have not weighed this one but with scope and everything its probably around 6lbs. That's a guess.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby hammAR on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:35 pm

justaguy wrote:Ok that's a lie too. I shot "The Pipe Wrench's" and Hammar's AR's the day of the now forgotten day after Thanksgiving day build.

Not forgotten...............fond memories............ :cheers:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby justaguy on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:25 am

hammAR wrote:
justaguy wrote:Ok that's a lie too. I shot "The Pipe Wrench's" and Hammar's AR's the day of the now forgotten day after Thanksgiving day build.

Not forgotten...............fond memories............ :cheers:

:flag: :flag:
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Return to Long Guns