SOTA Arms Upper

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: SOTA Arms Upper

Postby gearguy10 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Order up a .300 Blackout for the wife. I got one from SOTA for about $500. Love it. Had them swap the railed gas block for a low-profile one before it was shipped. I ordered the low-pro gas block with the upper and asked them to swap it for me in the notes section of the order. Just like your situation, I came home to a slim box leaning against my front door. Didn't like that much.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Postby Dakotared on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 pm

I have a few SOTA arms uppers in the Market place. They are nice uppers.
Dakotared

Re: SOTA Arms AR-15 Upper

Postby TFLY on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:53 am

Hello All,

I just joind this group. I have a question regarding SOTA Arms. I ordered a complete upper model A125 from them on February 1, 2013. It's now March 28, 2013, nearly 8 weeks. All I received was a confirmation of my order and a receipt for my payment. No parts, no communications, nothing. When I try to call them at their listed phone number, I get a voice mail telling me nobody is available and the mailbox is full so I can't leave a message. The number I've been trying is the one on SOTA's web site 612-562-4867. I've tried to get somebody on the phone without success for the last several weeks. The reason is I want them to replace the aluminum solid round hand grip with a quad rail hand grip. I also sent a letter to them requesting the hand grip change and asking them to call me on the phone or email me. Still nothing.

I noticed a few people on this site have recently received their complete uppers from them so I guess SOTA Arms is still in business. Does anyone have a secret phone number to actually get a live person on the phone? Any suggestions from anyone? Thanks.

TFLY March 28, 2013
TFLY

Postby Shooter McGavin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:55 am

This is why I didn't end up ordering from them. I too got nothing but the full voicemail box when I tried calling on a number of occasions over a couple week period so I gave up. Seems others have had the same issue.
Shooter McGavin

Postby TFLY on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Thanks for your comments. Somebody in the group must have a way to contact them since several folks have their uppers and some got them recently.

I'm still looking for the secret phone number or someone that knows the operation and is willing to act as a go-between. I really want answers and I guess you do to. TFLY
TFLY

Postby Shooter McGavin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Might try messaging Dakotared above and see if he could be any help since he's gotten uppers from them in the past.
Shooter McGavin

Postby TFLY on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks, I already did but apparently, the only way to contact him is through this thread. Unless I'm not understanding the system on this site. Do you know how to contact Red some other way? If so, would you please educate me? Thanks.

TFLY
TFLY

Postby Shooter McGavin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 pm

You could check the thread he had in the Market Place and see if he has additional contact info there like an email address.
Shooter McGavin

Postby TFLY on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 pm

What is the Marketplace and how do I access it? Thanks for your help Shooter. I also emailed SOTA several times. Sometimes I'd get an automated response that said they will contact me and they provide the same phone number that's on their web site and tell me to call them ANYTIME - What I joke on me!!! They never answer the phone! TFLY
Last edited by TFLY on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TFLY

Postby Shooter McGavin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Shooter McGavin

Postby TFLY on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Thanks Shooter!

TFLY
TFLY

Postby Dakotared on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 pm

I just sent you a PM. look at the top left where the MN guntlak.com logo is. Right under that it should say 1 new message.
Dakotared

Postby Anokamnman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:20 am

I did have a problem with my order thru Dora arms a while back. The bolt carrier group was not functioning well. The bolt itself was not machined very well and had some clearance issues with the carrier. It chewed the crap out of the gas rings. I tried calling to complain about the issue and also tried emailing them. For over a week I got no response. Their customer service sucked. Finally I got so pissed off I drove to their shop in north branch with the bolt in hand. Walked in the front door and started bitching. They offered to give me more gas rings. I calmed down and said that I wanted a new bolt. I got an upgraded bolt for almost nothing. They gave me the nickel boron bolt and a bag full of gas rings. Made me happy. Other than the bolt issue, which was resolved, the products are pretty decent. Shoots great. Very durable. The product would get a grade of B+. The customer service is an F for a complete lack of communication. And don't fall for their bogus line about "we make our own parts in house and blah blah blah." I used to work just down the street. In the summer they would open all the shop doors to get a breeze. The only thing I saw in the machine shop area, was a big sailboat.

You will get your upper. You will like it for the price. Just keep an eye on your bolt. I have heard of others having bolt issues worse than just chewing up gas rings. I would just recommend driving to their shop and showing your frustrations in person in a respectable manner.
Wrap that around your overly muscled left wing and row your dinghy in counterclockwise circles as a result.
Anokamnman

Postby Dakotared on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:45 pm

Sorry I have personally been through their shop and YES THEY DO MAKE PARTS IN HOUSE!!! They have many CNC machines and other equipment that I have no idea what they do as that is not my line of work. I saw the uppers come out of the CNC. Now I do not think they make the barrels there but I think that is it.
Dakotared

Previous

Return to Long Guns