Battlecomp

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Battlecomp

Postby Terry on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:41 am

Anyone have any experience with Battlecomp compensators for AR rifles?
Terry

Re: Battlecomp

Postby dsm2nr on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

Love mine. It's mediocre at dampening recoil and flash hiding (think FSC556) but is amazing at keeping the muzzle on target. Also the concussion isn't even close to an FSC556 or 5C2.
dsm2nr

Postby Hmac on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:02 pm

I have BattleComp 1.0's on three of my AR's. I had an FSC556 previously, and although it did a pretty good job of controlling muzzle rise on followup shots, it was a noisy thing with a lot of blast. The BattleComp in my experience does about the same job of controlling muzzle rise but with noticeably less noise and blast.

It's not magic. The advantage that it provides for me is better muzzle control on multiple shots. I suppose it mitigates recoil to some degree, although the AR15 isn't a punishing weapon by any means. I do think that controlling recoil to the extent possible does make for a more controllable weapon. Certainly training plays a role in that, but anything I can add on top of training, such as an A5 system, mid-length gas, or a compensator (I have all three on my Light Recce) is a plus IMHO.
Hmac

Postby Terry on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks guys
Terry

Postby UnaStamus on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:23 pm

By far the best single accessory you can put on a carbine. I have used a myriad of comps and brakes, and the BC is far and away the best. Most of my shooting involves rapid fire shooting with failure drills, box drills and NSRs, as well as multiple shot engagement shooting at ranges of 50yds and greater. Again, great muzzle control with virtually no movement.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby timwarner on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:36 pm

good info, my closet rifle needs something better than an A2.
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Postby gyrfalcon on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:03 am

I'm of the opinion it's an overpriced accessory that performs virtual the same as other compensator like Carlson Mini Comp.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Hmac on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:54 am

gyrfalcon wrote:I'm of the opinion it's an overpriced accessory that performs virtual the same as other compensator like Carlson Mini Comp.

You've owned one, then? Actually shot one on your rifle?
Hmac

Postby UnaStamus on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Carlson minicomp is an over-glorified A2 birdcage. It has 180 deg of blast release, whereas that BC has ~270 degrees with a different geometry. If you had said "Spikes DynaComp", it would have made sense. To me, it's nothing like the Carlson. Different design has a different dynamic.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby gyrfalcon on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:21 pm

UnaStamus wrote:Carlson minicomp is an over-glorified A2 birdcage. It has 180 deg of blast release, whereas that BC has ~270 degrees with a different geometry. If you had said "Spikes DynaComp", it would have made sense. To me, it's nothing like the Carlson. Different design has a different dynamic.

Of course different designs have different dynamics. In the case of most muzzle breaks, compensators, and barrel attachments; those overall differences tend to be aesthetic in nature between similar products. Gas is escaping the end of the barrel and there is only so much you can do with it. Then again I'm sure a lot of folks disagree with me. I'll let them diddle with their Ares Armor tunable compensator while I shake my head. :mrgreen:

Hmac wrote:You've owned one, then? Actually shot one on your rifle?

Sorry can't answer that...you know OPSEC and all. :roll: To answer you though. No I haven't owned one. Actually yes, but not on my rifle.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Scott Notaeh on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Terry wrote:Anyone have any experience with Battlecomp compensators for AR rifles?

I have a Bravo Company 14.5" BFH with a pinned 1.5 Battlecomp. Don't have a ton of rounds on it yet but I like it so far. Seems to allow follow-up shots a tiny bit faster. Not sure it is worth the cost but I am happy with it.
Scott Notaeh

Return to Long Guns