UTAS UTS-15

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

UTAS UTS-15

Postby gyrfalcon on Mon May 21, 2012 2:17 am

Does anyone have a UTAS UTS-15 or had hands on experience with one? Apparently Atlantic is preparing to sell them and they're being produced in the states: http://www.guns.com/utas-makina-produci ... -7507.html

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Re: UTAS UTS-15

Postby AgAuTHORITY on Mon May 21, 2012 5:56 am

That certainly brings a smile to my face. Any hints what that is going to cost?

bwilliamson
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
AgAuTHORITY

Postby grousemaster on Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 am

AgAuTHORITY wrote:That certainly brings a smile to my face. Any hints what that is going to cost?

bwilliamson

Perfect for the grouse woods ;)
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby gyrfalcon on Mon May 21, 2012 6:16 am

AgAuTHORITY wrote:That certainly brings a smile to my face. Any hints what that is going to cost?

bwilliamson

MSRP $1500 but they say it'll normally be $1200 which. So basically as I understand that, Gander = $1590. Cabelas = $1220, Grousemaster = less? :D
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby GunGoogler on Mon May 21, 2012 6:24 am

gyrfalcon wrote:Does anyone have a UTAS UTS-15 or had hands on experience with one? Apparently Atlantic is preparing to sell them and they're being produced in the states: http://www.guns.com/utas-makina-produci ... -7507.html

O.M.G. I want.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Scoobyvroom on Mon May 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Kel Tec has a new shotgun coming out that very similar. Seems the KSG is easier to load, but has the manual tube switch, which I guess could be good or bad. The Utas, on the other had looks like it's a PITA to load, watch as the guy has to stick his whole finger in there to load it. Both look pretty sweet.
Scoobyvroom

Postby GunGoogler on Mon May 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Scoobyvroom wrote:Kel Tec has a new shotgun coming out that very similar. Seems the KSG is easier to load, but has the manual tube switch, which I guess could be good or bad. The Utas, on the other had looks like it's a PITA to load, watch as the guy has to stick his whole finger in there to load it. Both look pretty sweet.

I noticed the deep throat loading too. One thing that I like about the Utas over the KSG is that the magazine tubes are over the barrel, which--in theory--should help keep the muzzle down somewhat. I'd like to shoot the two side-by-side to do a comparison.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Consummate on Mon May 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Meh. I don't like it.

07 FFL SOT
Also providing Cerakote Firearm finishes
Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.
http://www.SchreyerWeaponSystems.com

LIKE us! http://www.Facebook.com/SchreyerWeaponSystems
Consummate

Postby hoel6466 on Mon May 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Folks have been waiting for the KSG for so long that if they can bring it to market soon they should do well.
hoel6466

Postby Muddy41 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:44 pm

The Kel-Tec looks like it would be alot easier to load and I like where the ejection post is on the Kel-Tec as well which the shells get ejected out the bottom verses being thrown out the side...THis gun looks awesome but I think my money would go toward the Kel-Tec unless of coarse this gun sells for under $1000 then I would take this one for sure!!!
Muddy41

Postby crbutler on Mon May 21, 2012 10:52 pm

The AR 15 style mag fed shotgun that they were talking about at SHOT, that I would buy, even though I have a tricked out Saiga.

This, well I have no interest in it, or the Kel Tech.

Multi tube magazined guns will just be too darn heavy and bulky, not to mention slow as molasses to reload once you get to that point- it may take a while to get there, but you will get there eventually. Also, the more little dinguses to break, the more likely they will at an inopportune time.

As for grouse woods, well, the times I have gone, sometimes its a trick to empty my double, let alone a 10 pound piece of field artillery....
crbutler

Postby rukwikenuf on Mon May 21, 2012 11:09 pm

for those of you who haven't had the chance to shoot the KelTec KSG, it's a bitch. that thing is just NASTY on the shoulder! i've shot 00 buck, various target loads, and i've shot slugs through one. all were 2 3/4". it was harder kicking than a 3 1/2 slug load from an 870.
if this thing is easier on the shoulder, it could be tactiCOOL, but if it's just as brutal, i think i'd rather spend $1500 on a Benelli M4 instead.
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby Pinnacle on Tue May 22, 2012 7:10 am

Buy the Benelli and the Speed Loaders for the shotgun and you will be better armed and dollars ahead.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby hunterfreakhd on Tue May 22, 2012 9:03 am

rukwikenuf wrote:for those of you who haven't had the chance to shoot the KelTec KSG, it's a bitch. that thing is just NASTY on the shoulder! i've shot 00 buck, various target loads, and i've shot slugs through one. all were 2 3/4". it was harder kicking than a 3 1/2 slug load from an 870.
if this thing is easier on the shoulder, it could be tactiCOOL, but if it's just as brutal, i think i'd rather spend $1500 on a Benelli M4 instead.

If the ksg is yours Do you want to sell it?
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby rukwikenuf on Tue May 22, 2012 9:22 am

hunterfreakhd wrote:
rukwikenuf wrote:for those of you who haven't had the chance to shoot the KelTec KSG, it's a bitch. that thing is just NASTY on the shoulder! i've shot 00 buck, various target loads, and i've shot slugs through one. all were 2 3/4". it was harder kicking than a 3 1/2 slug load from an 870.

If the ksg is yours Do you want to sell it?

not mine. it belongs to a kind gentleman at the range that was letting EVERYONE play with his new toy
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Next

Return to Long Guns