project beat up 870. Trying to decide the direction

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: project beat up 870. Trying to decide the direction

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:25 am

You are going to want to take that coating off of the bearing surfaces where the bbl meets the receiver as well as the threads where the mag cap is...
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby gunforhire on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:21 am

Pinnacle wrote:You are going to want to take that coating off of the bearing surfaces where the bbl meets the receiver as well as the threads where the mag cap is...

Itaped off the important bits like that. I also taped off the rear sight and top of the front sight
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby yuppiejr on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:49 am

.. chainsaw bayonet for the win?
yuppiejr

Postby gunforhire on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:44 am

yuppiejr wrote:.. chainsaw bayonet for the win?

I do have a chainsaw that needs a clutch. :cogitating: anyone have a lead on a clutch for one of those wussy new Mccullochs? :twisted:
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

gunforhire

Postby gunforhire on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:52 pm

it done. trigger group polished, bolt and lug polished, I went through the reciever and cleaned that up too. what a fun project!

If only I would get busy on that old springfield that I started at the beginning of summer :P

gunforhire

Postby Pinnacle on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:40 am

That is a fine looking shooter. This is one of the guns that you will never get rid of - ever. This is a basic in the collection that you must have. You could always dress it up with a mag tube extension and call it done, or change out the stocks for something plastic (I like Speed Feed Shell Carrying Stocks)

The options are limitless with an 870... At the end of the day it is still an unbeatable gun.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby gunforhire on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 am

Pinnacle wrote:That is a fine looking shooter. This is one of the guns that you will never get rid of - ever. This is a basic in the collection that you must have. You could always dress it up with a mag tube extension and call it done, or change out the stocks for something plastic (I like Speed Feed Shell Carrying Stocks)

The options are limitless with an 870... At the end of the day it is still an unbeatable gun.

you dang right man, I ain't getting rid of it ever. I am gonna pick up a mag extension for it, but I am gonna leave it in the wood, as it hold all the charecter and history of the gun. plus, there's something about crushing skulls with a walnut stock that a plastic one could never replace 8-)

hypothetically in the zombie apocolipse of course :P

gunforhire

Previous

Return to Long Guns