sks value?

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

sks value?

Postby zachkuby87 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Ok guys my buddy has a Chinese sks he's looking to unload he asked me what it's worth. first off I know nothing about em. I told him id look around though. from what I can tell its in great condition everything functions as it should I checked all the numbers I can find and they all match don't know if it matters but I figure someone might ask. I can text or email pics to anyone if we have a self proclaimed sks expert in house here. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure. plus Idk if the sks falls into the category with all these other rifles selling for insane prices due to our dictator err um I mean president. let me know his and add always I appreciate any help...
zachkuby87

Re: sks value?

Postby hunterfreakhd on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:17 pm

$200
That's how much it's worth. I have seen them going around 4 to 5 hundred with the hype.
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby AFTERMATH on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Assuming it has the bayonet, and everything is original - Probably closer to $300 before the ban. At least that's from my observations at shows and shops. Best way to find out it's value is to put it up for sale. If no one buys it, it's probably priced too high.
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby plink on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 pm

They had one at Arnzen a week or two back. I think it was a Chinese one and priced at $400.
plink

Postby JustPlainT on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 pm

I would say $300 is fair if it is in good shape, all original, and the parts match.

Maybe 250 if its not.

The hype has driven the price up artificially, but it won't last.
Midwest Defense Institute, LLC
Quality Training at an Affordable Cost
JustPlainT

Postby solidgun on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:52 pm

plink wrote:They had one at Arnzen a week or two back. I think it was a Chinese one and priced at $400.

I thought that one was a consignment sale. It depends on condition, but in great condition and no mods it is worth around $250.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby goda0301 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 am

"a pair of choppers"
or
"17 dollars how's that"
goda0301

Postby ktech on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 pm

It's worth whatever someone will pay.
[/snark]

But seriously, if he sells it now he'll probably get a better price than he would have a few months ago.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
ktech

Postby Doc Harvey on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 pm

ktech wrote:It's worth whatever someone will pay.
[/snark]

But seriously, if he sells it now he'll probably get a better price than he would have a few months ago.

+1. I purchased my Norinco last year for about $300. Yugo's were going for the low $200's. Nowadays, I've seen Yugo's priced at $450 or higher. Fronteirsman had a really beat up Russian in the high $300's last week. It's all a matter of how much your buddy wants for it. If it's an all matching numbers and has a good barrel on it, I'd say he could probably ask for between $400 and $500 and see if it moves or not. Heck, I just saw a Romanian Ak advertised for $3000, so....go figure...
Doc Harvey

sks value?

Postby PhilaBOR on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:54 pm

http://www.gunbroker.com
Look up Chinese Norincos are going for-final price, not starting or during the auction. If you register and follow several guns, I think you can see final price. If that's too much trouble, look for "buy it now" prices or auctions within minutes of closing.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Return to Long Guns