30mm scope ring for slug gun?

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

30mm scope ring for slug gun?

Postby EJSG19 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:47 am

Wondering what scope rings would be recommended by those who have firsthand experience for a 30mm scope tube on a 12 ga slug gun. The slug barrel has a cantilevered rail and ill need the lowest mounting height possible.

The scope is a leupold vxr 1-4x20 and is a 30mm tube.

I've got my eye on a couple choices but as always I'm curious what else is out there.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Re: 30mm scope ring for slug gun?

Postby Belgiboy on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:28 am

I don't own a slug gun but I use Burris XTRs on both my 30 mm scopes with no issues at all. Check out Optics Planet for the best price and selection. I know they have a version that is only 1/2 inch high. I'm sure you could spend 5x the money on Badger Ordinance but I don't see the point.
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby EJSG19 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:54 am

Belgiboy wrote:I don't own a slug gun but I use Burris XTRs on both my 30 mm scopes with no issues at all. Check out Optics Planet for the best price and selection. I know they have a version that is only 1/2 inch high. I'm sure you could spend 5x the money on Badger Ordinance but I don't see the point.

Nice. I'd echo that thought. My goal here is adequate for least money. If it holds zero great. Might do QD for fun but probably not. Until I buy another optic ill share this between slug gun and coyote rifle.
EJSG19

EJSG19

Postby EJSG19 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Belgiboy wrote:I don't own a slug gun but I use Burris XTRs on both my 30 mm scopes with no issues at all. Check out Optics Planet for the best price and selection. I know they have a version that is only 1/2 inch high. I'm sure you could spend 5x the money on Badger Ordinance but I don't see the point.

Nice. I'd echo that thought. My goal here is adequate for least money. If it holds zero great. Might do QD for fun but probably not. Until I buy another optic ill share this between slug gun and coyote rifle.
EJSG19

EJSG19

Postby shooter115 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 am

Normally I would recommend the Burris Signature Zee rings, but they aren't available in a low profile. You're not gonna like the price, but my next suggestion is going to be the Leopold Mark 4 rings.
shooter115

Postby engnerdan on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 am

I have been buying TPS rings but they are not going to be the cheapest price. But they do have a set called "Super Low" and they are about the lowest I have found. Plus if you have a Brownells business account they are much cheaper.
Seismic Sam wrote:When it launches, the marketing will hit you in the face like the shrapnal from a methane explosion in a 3 holer outhouse!! :P :P :P
engnerdan

Postby smurfman on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:16 pm

I accidentally ended up with the same scope as the OP and used a set of low Weaver Tip-Off mounts in 30 mm I had laying around. These originally went on a 12 ga slug gun but moved to a 375 H&H but now reside on a 416 Rigby. Haven't had a problem with them yet.
smurfman

Return to Long Guns