PSA complete upper for $289 UPDATE...

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

PSA complete upper for $289 UPDATE...

Postby goda0301 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:33 pm

I've been lucky to receive my orders from PSA on a timely manner. These are the PTAC complete uppers with b.c.g and charging handle for $289.00. Sounds to good to be true!! I know... SO I pulled the trigger and ordered these 5 less then 3 weeks ago.

So far i'm fairly impressed with quality and fit with all 5. I've mated these to several different lowers to see if one had a better fit over another. So far the NFA poly (new frontier armory) poly lower is the tightest fit. The Stag, Anderson and Colt also nicely mate up with these uppers with alittle bit of play. (nothing I was concerned with) The only really bad thing I can say about them so far **without having fired them*** is the finish on the upper receiver is nothing to brag about. Very very thin finish on it. Other than that if it fires as good as it looks I would have NO reservations about buying more.

I also purchased ?? unknown number of these PTAC complete uppers with b.c.g and charging handle for $399

I was more impressed with the upper receiver finish on these.

My advice is get a cheap Anderson Lower $49 parts kit $79 this PTAC complete upper including b.c.g & charging handle for $289 + transfer = under $450 for a complete AR (with forged lower not Poly) you can leave it at the cabin, girlfriends (so wife doesn't find out about it), doomsday bunker, car or wherever and not worry about trashing your high dollar machinery.
(plus if **** hits the fan again you got a nice little investment you can always unload.)

just my 2 cents
goda0301

Re: PSA complete upper for $289 UPDATE...

Postby Back In Black on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks for the review. Only wish you had done it sooner!

I purchased their higher end rifle kit when they were on sale around Thanksgiving. After receiving it and having a close look, I don't think it's worth the money. And there's some trash in the barrel I haven't been able to clean out yet. However, I've been happy with everything else I've purchased from them.
Keith
Back In Black

Re: PSA complete upper for $289 UPDATE...

Postby dupa on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Great review. And thanks for the pictures. I now understand why I can't ever find those in stock. You bought em all! Just kidding. I ended up with the unfinished blemished upper with Psa upper build kit. I agree finish is thin. But it was a blemish model so guess I can't complain. Looking for a barrel gas block bcg hand guards now. If I like how it shoots I may strip and cerakote the finish
dupa

Return to Long Guns