PSA or BCM mid length upper?

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

PSA or BCM mid length upper?

Postby patrick on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm going to order a mid upper and can't decide on which one.The BCM comes with cold hammer forged barrel,BCG,and CH for a hair under $600.00.The PSA comes with cold hammer forged barrel,and pretty much everything but the rear sight and lower receiver (rifle kit).So what do you think?Help me decide?
I live in Bloomington Mn!!!!
patrick

Re: PSA or BCM mid length upper?

Postby PRS on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:25 pm

http://www.arnzenarms.com/product/apf-a ... boron-bolt

Get that online and use the code AST_Andre for 10% off and free shipping.
PRS

Postby patrick on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Interesting,but it's not a mid length...
patrick

Postby PRS on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:37 pm

I see that Arnzen's sit is a bit misleading. That upper does have a mid length gas system. Here is a link to APF's sight for the full Rife.

http://www.apfarmory.com/apf-carbine-rifle-5-56-nato/
PRS

Postby patrick on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07 am

Never heard of that company before.I did some more home work and apparently the PSA rifle kits don't come with the premium BCG so I went ahead and ordered the BCM.I already have a complete lower any way so I don't really need all the extra parts.Can't sell them these days any way.I just threw a bunch of firearms parts in the dumpster at work the other day.Got sick of tripping over them and I couldn't seem to find anyone that wanted to buy them.
patrick

Postby Erik_Pakieser on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:06 am

BCM components are great, way better than PSA's stuff. You won't be disappointed.
Last edited by Erik_Pakieser on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fight-focused defensive handgun, rifle, and shotgun training
http://www.qsitraining.net
http://www.facebook.com/qsifirearms
Erik_Pakieser

Postby UnaStamus on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:38 am

Erik_Pakieser wrote:BCM components are great, way better than PSA's stuff. You won't be disappointing.

^This.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby 2in2out on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:53 am

Good choice on BCM. But, I also think you can't go wrong with APF - they're in the same league.

One of the things I like about APF is that it's a Minnesota company. Everything I've seen about them indicates that they focus on quality, and their employees shoot what they sell.

You may not have heard of them, but other AR manufacturers have - APF is a supplier for other companies. Alex Pro Fab has been in business a long, long time - much longer than their APF Armory brand has existed. One other thing I like about them is that they're a relatively small company, and it wouldn't take very long for a problem with a part to be traced back to the person who made it.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:28 am

Just received a Brownells email that made me think of this thread.
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx $559

High-End, Nearly Complete AR Includes Everything You Need - Nothing You Don't

This fully-assembled, nearly-complete, Brownells-exclusive rifle from Aero Precision is constructed using second-to-none components to ensure the highest level of accuracy and reliability, while leaving off the handguard and buttstock – saving you money to buy the accessories you want!

Build your Dream AR-15 from this high quality custom rifle platform without wasting money on components you don't want. Simply choose the free-float handguard that fits your needs, sights, and a mil-spec buttstock, snap them on and head to the range.

M4 Aero Precision Upper Receiver

Mid-Length Gas & Barrel System Ideal for free-float handguards
16” 5.56 NATO, 1:7 Twist Barrel with M4 feed ramps
Barrel is machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel to a Government, mid-length profile, then treated with a QPQ corrosion-resistant finish
½-28 barrel thread pitch includes an installed A2 flash hider
M16 Bolt/Carrier Group features 8620 steel carrier with phosphate finish & chrome lining, and has a properly-staked Gas Key
Bolt machined from Carpenter 158 – High Pressure Tested & Magnetic Particle Inspected
Aero Precision Gen 2 Lower Receiver

Flared mag well & upper tension screw
Standard AR-15 Lower Parts Kit
Mil-spec AR-15/M14 Buffer Kit
Forged from 7075 T6 Aluminum
Matte black hard anodized finish
Accessorize this rifle now! Shop these popular accessories.
Ghost

Postby patrick on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:50 am

I'll have to look into APF though I doubt I'll be building any more AR's.The ones I have sit in the safe mostly.Not a lot of fun at the indoor range and I don't have a good place out doors to shoot them.I would like to go out to Sodak and shoot some field puppies before I die.
patrick

Return to Long Guns