AR-triggers

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: AR-triggers

Postby UnaStamus on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:06 pm

Most triggers at this point are all pretty good and it all comes down to what you're looking for. If you want a 2-stage, which is what I prefer, Geissele is hands-down the best. If you want single-stage, you have a ton of options and really none are wrong. I will caution you to be careful about spring replacements and going too light. I have had a JP reduced power spring fail and cause failures to reset. That spring had less than 500 rounds through it before that happened. I would highly recommend a complete trigger kit or drop-in versus just replacing select components.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby Inspiribomb on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:14 am

Hiperfire 24C with 3 pound springs.
Aaron
Inspiribomb

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Went with the Timiney 2 stage. Love it.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:44 pm

Had a timney on my AR10 that worked good. Sold that rifle and bought a different AR10 and went with a Gold trigger. Both are single stage. Around a 4 lb pull. You won't go wrong on either if you want a single stage. Both are drop in replacements. Easy to do it your self.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:16 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Had a timney on my AR10 that worked good. Sold that rifle and bought a different AR10 and went with a Gold trigger. Both are single stage. Around a 4 lb pull. You won't go wrong on either if you want a single stage. Both are drop in replacements. Easy to do it your self.

I have the gold single on an Ar10. As well. It is nice but wanted a 2 stage for this build.
Holland&Holland

Postby Vlad on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:17 pm

I have a Jard. 3 lb,single stage. Absolutely love it.
http://www.Schleifleather.com For custom holsters that fit you and the gun, not to mention show off those Strad grips...

The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

--W.E.B. Du Bois,
American scholar and civil rights leader
Vlad

Postby gaberelli on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:08 pm

I have a Geissele SSA-E in darn near every AR I own, even plinkers, but I ended up with a Larue MBT-2S on a rifle and it is nice. Has a much larger trigger bow than a Geissele.
gaberelli

Postby V Man on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Another vote for Geissele. I have the Geissele SD-C trigger in one of my AR's and it is amazing
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Postby BigBlue on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Special deal going on right now for Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) triggers from DPMS. $109.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

Note: This is a contract over run item - Originally intended for OEM use only, trigger group does not include instructions or grease vial.

Merry Christmas in September!
BigBlue

Postby Randygmn on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:15 pm

BigBlue wrote:Special deal going on right now for Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) triggers from DPMS. $109.

Note: This is a contract over run item - Originally intended for OEM use only, trigger group does not include instructions or grease vial.

I've noticed this a lot lately. I've been shopping on gunbroker for a new AR (LWRC di gun), and some of the dealers have been advertising that you can upgrade to a Geissele.... And the prices I've seen are anywhere from $100 to $150.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:06 pm

Randygmn wrote:
BigBlue wrote:Special deal going on right now for Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) triggers from DPMS. $109.

I've noticed this a lot lately. I've been shopping on gunbroker for a new AR (LWRC di gun), and some of the dealers have been advertising that you can upgrade to a Geissele.... And the prices I've seen are anywhere from $100 to $150.

I think some of that has to do with the trigger pricing from LaRue. Plus it doesn't help that the MBT is a better trigger.
Ghost

Postby Erud on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:29 am

The MBT is better how? I've never seen one to compare, so no frame of reference.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:36 am

Erud wrote:The MBT is better how? I've never seen one to compare, so no frame of reference.

At least for me and there are many other postings around where people are swapping out their geisselles. The MBT has better feel and I always know where the trigger break is. I shoot better groups with the MBT than I do with my HSNM and my NMDMR.

You want to try one? I've got several that I still haven't installed. I'd be willing to let you try one to see what your thoughts are.
Ghost

Postby Erud on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:08 pm

Ghost wrote:
Erud wrote:The MBT is better how? I've never seen one to compare, so no frame of reference.

At least for me and there are many other postings around where people are swapping out their geisselles. The MBT has better feel and I always know where the trigger break is. I shoot better groups with the MBT than I do with my HSNM and my NMDMR.

You want to try one? I've got several that I still haven't installed. I'd be willing to let you try one to see what your thoughts are.

I appreciate the offer. I haven't really had any time to shoot AR's at all for the last 2 years, but Geiselle was always the king of the hill for Highpower-type matches. I have them in all of my AR's but I have never thought they were the perfect trigger - more like just the best of what was available. I shoot a lot with bolt guns with really good triggers, so I'm kind of spoiled now and find it hard to really like the feel of any AR trigger. I'll have to look into the MBT a little more.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Erud wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I appreciate the offer. I haven't really had any time to shoot AR's at all for the last 2 years, but Geiselle was always the king of the hill for Highpower-type matches. I have them in all of my AR's but I have never thought they were the perfect trigger - more like just the best of what was available. I shoot a lot with bolt guns with really good triggers, so I'm kind of spoiled now and find it hard to really like the feel of any AR trigger. I'll have to look into the MBT a little more.

Here's a good place to look http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_219/257875_Official_LaRue_MBT_Trigger_review_thread___bunch_added.html
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Long Guns