AR-triggers

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

AR-triggers

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Ghost wrote:
Erud wrote:
Ghost wrote:[quote="Erud"]The MBT is better how? I've never seen one to compare, so no frame of reference.

At least for me and there are many other postings around where people are swapping out their geisselles. The MBT has better feel and I always know where the trigger break is. I shoot better groups with the MBT than I do with my HSNM and my NMDMR.

You want to try one? I've got several that I still haven't installed. I'd be willing to let you try one to see what your thoughts are.

I appreciate the offer. I haven't really had any time to shoot AR's at all for the last 2 years, but Geiselle was always the king of the hill for Highpower-type matches. I have them in all of my AR's but I have never thought they were the perfect trigger - more like just the best of what was available. I shoot a lot with bolt guns with really good triggers, so I'm kind of spoiled now and find it hard to really like the feel of any AR trigger. I'll have to look into the MBT a little more.

Here's a good place to look http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_219/257875_Official_LaRue_MBT_Trigger_review_thread___bunch_added.html[/quote]

LaRue has MBT on sale for $99 right now.
gun_fan111v2

Re: AR-triggers

Postby goalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:35 am

Holland&Holland wrote:What kind of triggers do folks prefer to run in their ARs? Particularly for prairie poodle or accuracy work?

Thinking of trying a 2 stage. Thoughts?

LaRue MBT is 100 bucks right now if you can wait a few weeks. Try one and see what you think. I like mine as much as my comparable model other brand AR triggers.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby BigBlue on Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:57 am

goalie wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:What kind of triggers do folks prefer to run in their ARs? Particularly for prairie poodle or accuracy work?

LaRue MBT is 100 bucks right now if you can wait a few weeks. Try one and see what you think. I like mine as much as my comparable model other brand AR triggers.

Where is it available for $100? My DPMS order for the Geiseille is still 'processing' even though it was placed on 9/2, so I would entertain cancelling and trying the LaRue.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:00 am

BigBlue wrote:
goalie wrote:

Where is it available for $100? My DPMS order for the Geiseille is still 'processing' even though it was placed on 9/2, so I would entertain cancelling and trying the LaRue.

BB

http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger

1700 have been ordered since they went on sale it might be a while.

Ghost

Postby goalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:05 pm

It might be a while, but for 100 bucks, it's worth ordering one or two and waiting.

At least it was to me.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 am

goalie wrote:It might be a while, but for 100 bucks, it's worth ordering one or two and waiting.

At least it was to me.

Ditto. I just ordered one.
grimbeaver

AR-triggers

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:56 pm

goalie wrote:It might be a while, but for 100 bucks, it's worth ordering one or two and waiting.

At least it was to me.

grimbeaver wrote:

At least it was to me.

Ditto. I just ordered one.

I ordered one a week ago, so I must be at least six month ahead of you guys in that line ;)
gun_fan111v2

Postby UnaStamus on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:47 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
I ordered one a week ago, so I must be at least six month ahead of you guys in that line ;)

Given what I know about LaRue and past experiences with their wait times, this isn't an unreasonable assumption. :shock:
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:09 pm

UnaStamus wrote:
gun_fan111v2 wrote:

Given what I know about LaRue and past experiences with their wait times, this isn't an unreasonable assumption. :shock:

They were down to under 2 weeks on the I can waits before the $99 deal. Looks like they've sold just under 2000 since the deal.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Got my Geiseille from DPMS today. Even though my online account info never showed that it shipped yet. Came from Remington, which I assume bought DPMS some time back. Not exactly impressed with the packaging/shipping. It arrived in a padded envelope with the trigger inside a ziplock bag. I guess since this was a surplus part I didn't expect some fancy retail package but I just assumed they would have protected it better. Hope there is nothing about an AR trigger that can be bent or tweaked by the postal service's machinery. :evil:

BB
BigBlue

Postby igofast on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:19 am

BigBlue wrote:... Came from Remington, which I assume bought DPMS some time back...

Way more than you wanted to know: DPMS was sold in 2007 and is owned by Freedom Group(http://www.freedom-group.com/) which also owns Remington, Bushmaster, and a few other companies. They moved manufacturing from their St. Cloud location(although an office is still there) ~a year ago to consolidate with the other companies in Huntsville, Alabama.

Fun fact, Freedom Group is owned by Cerberus Capital who claimed that they were divesting their assets in Freedom Group after Sandy Hook in 2012, yet has not done so. I guess their moral high ground comes in 2nd to financial performance.

BigBlue wrote:... Not exactly impressed with the packaging/shipping. It arrived in a padded envelope with the trigger inside a ziplock bag. ...

You should see how Remington packages/ships their Versamax shotguns. For as much money as they cost, and setting the plain cardboard box aside, you would think they would spend a few pennies in tape to secure all the accessories(chokes/tools/etc) so they don't float around in shipping.
igofast

AR-triggers

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Ghost wrote:
UnaStamus wrote:
gun_fan111v2 wrote:

They were down to under 2 weeks on the I can waits before the $99 deal. Looks like they've sold just under 2000 since the deal.

Got an email today that my order is Complete - hoping it means shipped vs. cancelled. Took about 20 calendar days.
gun_fan111v2

Postby Ghost on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Might get these with your triggers
Ghost

AR-triggers

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:41 pm

You got me all excited there but I got this instead
gun_fan111v2

Postby Ghost on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:43 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:You got me all excited there but I got this instead

The battle mixer is surprisingly awesome. I've used it on paint but apparently you can get an unused paint can at Home Depot and use it for margaritas.
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Long Guns