Which Trigger would you prefer for a hunting AR

Geissele 2 Stage (G2S)
33%
LaRue Tactical MBT-25
66%

Total votes : 6

LaRue or Geissele

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:16 am

I'm noticing that these are both available for around $100 and wondered which you more experienced people would pick.

Feel free to suggest something else in the $100 range.
Last edited by yukonjasper on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: LaRue or Geissele

Postby Ghost on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:35 am

I always use the Geissele trigger fitting pin to install my MBT's. Where is the G2S for $100?
Ghost

Postby Sigfan220 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:47 pm

My vote is for Hyperfire, not on your list but a great trigger. Every AR I get in gets one. My favorite is the 24C. They are made locally too!
Sigfan220

Postby 45xdacp on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:54 pm

Just select the I got plenty of time . http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger

Hopefully will test the one I just installed in my ar pistol this weekend , only other ar trigger I have used is the RRA NM 2 stage and this feels better just dry firing it .
Last edited by 45xdacp on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
45xdacp

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm

I see the Hiperfire is $185. I'm sure I can find many great triggers at higher prices, I was looking for a good trigger at around $100.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BigBlue on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Ghost wrote:I always use the Geissele trigger fitting pin to install my MBT's. Where is the G2S for $100?

DPMS has them for $109:

http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:39 pm

BigBlue wrote:
Ghost wrote:I always use the Geissele trigger fitting pin to install my MBT's. Where is the G2S for $100?

DPMS has them for $109:

http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

Interesting. I'd still go LaRue.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Hunting what? In my mind it is a different trigger for a deer rifle where I might be stalking or siting in a stand vs. a p-dog or varmint rig.
Holland&Holland

Postby Sigfan220 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:04 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I see the Hiperfire is $185. I'm sure I can find many great triggers at higher prices, I was looking for a good trigger at around $100.

I've never been happy with budget triggers. People always skimp on optics and triggers. If you are going to spend money spend it on something that matters, that's my $0.02 on the subject. I'm not sure how the lower end Geissele's compare to a Rock River. I literally gave away my two Rock River two stage triggers once I bought my first 24C. I'd take a killer single stage over a good two stage any day. I use them for everything from prairie dog hunting to deer hunting, long range shooting, 3 gun and just blasting.
Sigfan220

Postby Sigfan220 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:28 pm

ALG(Guissele) has a cheap single stage that I have tried at a few events. As I recall it was pretty nice. I'd defiantly a step up from mil spec.
Sigfan220

Postby Hmac on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Sigfan220 wrote:ALG(Guissele) has a cheap single stage that I have tried at a few events. As I recall it was pretty nice. I'd defiantly a step up from mil spec.

ALG Advanced Combat Trigger has to be the best bang-for-buck AR tirgger out there. If you'ree looking for an excellent price-point trigger, they're really hard to beat.
Hmac

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Honestly, I'm very new to the AR platform and I don't know that I necessarily need a 2 stage trigger and I also am not entirely sure that I need a real high end trigger. For the most part I'm looking to drop it into my Bushmaster Varmint rig. I was told by someone I believe to be very knowledgeable that the 2 stage that is in there now doesn't feel right - thought it could be corrected, but didn't feel right. I noticed the normally expensive triggers for sale and thought why not grab one when it was on sale. This is really on a coyote/varmint rifle that sometimes gets shot for fun.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:16 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Honestly, I'm very new to the AR platform and I don't know that I necessarily need a 2 stage trigger and I also am not entirely sure that I need a real high end trigger. For the most part I'm looking to drop it into my Bushmaster Varmint rig. I was told by someone I believe to be very knowledgeable that the 2 stage that is in there now doesn't feel right - thought it could be corrected, but didn't feel right. I noticed the normally expensive triggers for sale and thought why not grab one when it was on sale. This is really on a coyote/varmint rifle that sometimes gets shot for fun.

Check your messages.
Ghost

Postby Scratch on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Is there a shop around here that has a bunch of AR triggers installed in demo "receivers" for you to try out?

I know that Ruger has their Elite 451/452 in a demo unit, and Hiperfire has their Hipertrain demo units, but wondering if any shop has a bunch of other triggers set up for customers to try out.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Sigfan220 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Scratch wrote:Is there a shop around here that has a bunch of AR triggers installed in demo "receivers" for you to try out?

I know that Ruger has their Elite 451/452 in a demo unit, and Hiperfire has their Hipertrain demo units, but wondering if any shop has a bunch of other triggers set up for customers to try out.

Shot show would be the only place I can think of. The guissele both is always crazy busy. Hyperfire has a shop in white bear. They might let people stop by. I have lowers with 24 3G; 24c and TH24 at my shop. They are best enjoyed at the range though. I have one of the combat ones but have yet to try it out, they are pretty reasonable
Sigfan220

Next

Return to Long Guns