Palmetto State Armory AR10 LPK's

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Palmetto State Armory AR10 LPK's

Postby FJ540 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:50 pm

Just got a lower build kit for an AR10 from them, and the hammer spring is 10# according to Kenny's finger at Atomic. Then I found out the disconnector is out of spec and doesn't disconnect when releasing the trigger. Easily remedied at the range by swapping it with another rifle (didn't function on the other one either), but annoying none the less.

I've used at least half a dozen of these kits in guns and have never had a problem with them before. So much so, I never did a disconnector function check on it before putting live ammo in the gun because I didn't think of it having had such good results in the past.

Hammer and sear surfaces are ground really nicely on this parts kit. I'm guessing they did the extra power hammer spring because of milsurp ammo.

Also something to take note of is that the PSA 308's use Armalite style takedown pins and a proprietary bolt catch. If anyone bought a PSA 308 lower and didn't get their parts kit along with it, I have the pins and bolt catch available for a modest fee, or trade for a box of factory 308 win ammo. 8-)

Just posting a heads up as I'm sure there's a few more out there in-bound in the mail this week. :lol: The rest of the kit is good, as usual.
FJ540

Re: Palmetto State Armory AR10 LPK's

Postby shooter115 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:36 am

Not sure about the AR10 line, but in the AR15 line there is a huge gap in quality between their "Classic" LPK and the "Freedom" line. Palmetto carries good stuff if you stick to what they call the premium or classic line.
shooter115

Re: Palmetto State Armory AR10 LPK's

Postby FJ540 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:47 pm

I've yet to buy or handle anything in their Freedom line. The kit I got was just "AR10 lower build kit, MOE+".

I swapped the heavy sprung hammer and disconnector with other parts of mine, and ended up selling that LR308 to a buddy last night after he shot it with me at Bills.

When I got home I started working on the out of spec disconnector and heavy spring. Once I took the file to the disconnector, and bent the tails on the hammer spring, all is well. It's actually not bad for a mil spec trigger. I do wonder if the disconnector is properly heat treated though. Very light case hardness.

Probably won't keep this trigger group in the gun anyway. I just don't know what trigger I want in the 458 socom yet.
FJ540

Return to Long Guns