PSA AR10 lower question

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: PSA AR10 lower question

Postby Ghost on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 pm

yukonjasper wrote:What is your recommendation for a 6.5 or 6.8 upper for a deer rifle?

I don't think there's a better deal than this right now.
http://www.larue.com/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit

I bought the complete Grendel and liked it so much I bought the twin of it as this ultimate AR kit.

Here's my last target from the range the other day with my LaRue Grendel, last five groups averaged.390 MOA using $17/box ammo.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:23 pm

OK, but its a kit and I don't have any experience building nor do I have any of the tools.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:31 pm

That added up quickly. $991
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:50 pm

yukonjasper wrote:That added up quickly. $991

Only $792, if you assemble it. Mark has hinted he will offer lowers at some point but that's the only missing piece to an entire rifle. A very good rifle.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:59 pm

I have a lower - admittedly a low cost PSA Blem Lower I was planning to put whatever I bought onto - maybe that wouldn't be an good idea. I have an MBT that I was going to install in my Bushmaster but found the trigger already installed was atypical, so, not wanting to screw anything up, I left it in there. I could use that so I wouldn't have to buy the trigger again, but I like the fact that the new triggers come installed in a TAC. Paying the extra $199 to have it come assembled would save me time and frustration. I'm handy, but don't like the idea of potentially messing up things that go boom.

Any other complete uppers that I should consider - I'm assuming this LaRue is fairly high end.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby goalie on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:15 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I have a lower - admittedly a low cost PSA Blem Lower I was planning to put whatever I bought onto - maybe that wouldn't be an good idea. I have an MBT that I was going to install in my Bushmaster but found the trigger already installed was atypical, so, not wanting to screw anything up, I left it in there. I could use that so I wouldn't have to buy the trigger again, but I like the fact that the new triggers come installed in a TAC. Paying the extra $199 to have it come assembled would save me time and frustration. I'm handy, but don't like the idea of potentially messing up things that go boom.

Any other complete uppers that I should consider - I'm assuming this LaRue is fairly high end.

The MBT triggers are awesome.

And you NEED an AR-10.

But for deer hunting, all I know is that I've shot dozens with one shot.

I got two a few years ago within half a minute.......with a single shot 16" 44 mag Handi Rifle.

I need quick follow ups for coyotes. I like lightweight for deer.

YMMV

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Previous

Return to Long Guns