7.62x39 question

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: 7.62x39 question

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:19 am

Randygmn wrote:If you're looking for an inexpensive but reliable 7.62x39 in an AR pattern- check out palmetto state. Can get something less than $800. Otherwise, it's gonna cost upwards of $1500 to get a reliable AR patterned rifle that shoots that caliber.

For $2100 cash, I will sell you my AR 7.62X39 complete rifle (NFA Lower, Red Dot type sight), all Wolf-type ammo I can find (3,000+), and all brass cased (500+) empties ready to load with new RCBS dies. Includes 6-quality 29 rd magazines and a VooDoo case. I pay the transfer fee at Lakes Trading in Forest Lake, MN.

Why - I have 5 other various AR's in multiple calibers to play with. The above is/was my go-to-rifle for when SHTF.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Randygmn on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:
Randygmn wrote:If you're looking for an inexpensive but reliable 7.62x39 in an AR pattern- check out palmetto state. Can get something less than $800. Otherwise, it's gonna cost upwards of $1500 to get a reliable AR patterned rifle that shoots that caliber.

For $2100 cash, I will sell you my AR 7.62X39 complete rifle (NFA Lower, Red Dot type sight), all Wolf-type ammo I can find (3,000+), and all brass cased (500+) empties ready to load with new RCBS dies. Includes 6-quality 29 rd magazines and a VooDoo case. I pay the transfer fee at Lakes Trading in Forest Lake, MN.

Why - I have 5 other various AR's in multiple calibers to play with. The above is/was my go-to-rifle for when SHTF.

I don't know anyone, anymore, that are interested in NFA SBR's, since the explosion of pistols w/braces took the industry by storm in the last few years. The benefits of a pistol (the braces ARE good enough) far outweigh sbr's. (With a PTC- can carry loaded inside a vehicle, can carry concealed on your person (think backpack), can transport across state lines without advanced permission, can carry in states that have reciprocity with MN, don't have to go through the ATF paperwork and wait times to buy....or sell, and finally, in a worst case scenario- I'd much rather defend myself in court afternusing a title 1 firearm rather than an NFA item, but ymmv on that). My go to home defense setup is a 9" factory AAC 300blk pistol with Sig brace. Nimble, powerful within self defense distances, and NOT an NFA item. Fwiw.
Randygmn

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:05 am

Randygmn wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:

I don't know anyone, anymore, that are interested in NFA SBR's, since the explosion of pistols w/braces took the industry by storm in the last few years. The benefits of a pistol (the braces ARE good enough) far outweigh sbr's. (With a PTC- can carry loaded inside a vehicle, can carry concealed on your person (think backpack), can transport across state lines without advanced permission, can carry in states that have reciprocity with MN, don't have to go through the ATF paperwork and wait times to buy....or sell, and finally, in a worst case scenario- I'd much rather defend myself in court afternusing a title 1 firearm rather than an NFA item, but ymmv on that). My go to home defense setup is a 9" factory AAC 300blk pistol with Sig brace. Nimble, powerful within self defense distances, and NOT an NFA item. Fwiw.

NOT a Short Barreled Rifle SBR. Also NOT a NFA item as you think, but a name-brand of an AR-15 type Lower.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Randygmn on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Why - I have 5 other various AR's in multiple calibers to play with. The above is/was my go-to-rifle for when SHTF.[/quote]

I don't know anyone, anymore, that are interested in NFA SBR's, since the explosion of pistols w/braces took the industry by storm in the last few years. The benefits of a pistol (the braces ARE good enough) far outweigh sbr's. (With a PTC- can carry loaded inside a vehicle, can carry concealed on your person (think backpack), can transport across state lines without advanced permission, can carry in states that have reciprocity with MN, don't have to go through the ATF paperwork and wait times to buy....or sell, and finally, in a worst case scenario- I'd much rather defend myself in court afternusing a title 1 firearm rather than an NFA item, but ymmv on that). My go to home defense setup is a 9" factory AAC 300blk pistol with Sig brace. Nimble, powerful within self defense distances, and NOT an NFA item. Fwiw.[/quote]

NOT a Short Barreled Rifle SBR. Also NOT a NFA item as you think, but a name-brand of an AR-15 type Lower.[/quote]

My mistake. Haven't heard of NFA being a brand, just an unconstitutional infringement. Sorry that i forced my rant upon you. Good luck with that sale.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Randygmn wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:

Good to meet you. Now you know one. I love SBRs. Pistol braces are weak and floppy. Love a real stock on my SBRs. I too think it is an infringement but until it is overturned, I will wait.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Holland&Holland wrote: I love SBRs. Pistol braces are weak and floppy. Love a real stock on my SBRs.

+1
Ghost

Postby MXGreg on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:03 pm

I've got two from PSA and was able to put them together for in the $400 range each (watch for the sales). The only problem with Palmetto State is that they have a hard time keeping the kits and uppers in stock.
MXGreg

Postby minnesotatv on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 pm

kowalzekc wrote:I might try out the radical arms upper. Any mag tips?

1. D&H
2. C Products Defense (the new company, not the old ones)
3. ASC
minnesotatv

Postby 2in2out on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 pm

AK or SKS unless you want an absolute tack driver and money is no object.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Ghost on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:05 am

Ironbear wrote:FWIW. Ruger has released a 7.62x39 bolt, that uses Mini 30 mags. Seem pretty reasonably priced.

That's kind of cool
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifleRanch/specSheets/16976.html
Ghost

Postby kowalzekc on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:38 pm

What kind of accuracy have you got from your PSA IN 7.62x39?

MXGreg wrote:

I've got two from PSA and was able to put them together for in the $400 range each (watch for the sales). The only problem with Palmetto State is that they have a hard time keeping the kits and uppers in stock.
Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals... all we know is, he's called the Stig.
kowalzekc

Previous

Return to Long Guns