Assault shot guns

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Assault shot guns

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:53 pm

Do the anti gun people consider a shot gun with a pistol grip an assault weapon? I think I know the answer but I would like to be sure. Went into to Dicks just now to see and they do still carry a full line of shotguns with pistol grips. They had all black ones and od green ones and od tan ones. My eyes are not good enough to see if the had any rifles chambered in 223 and I wasn’t going to ask. I’m not going to engage line staff for what the boss has done.
Sorcerer

Re: Assault shot guns

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:05 pm

They consider all guns assault or semi assault guns.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:09 pm

As I understand liberal classification of firearms:

Does it have a bullet activation device? Then yes, it is an assault weapon.
Does it have a tactical tube? You know the one that allows the bullet to be fired in one direction. Then yes it is an assault weapon
Does it use ammunition? Then yes, it is an assault weapon
Does it have any sort of "thingy"? Then yes it is an assault weapon
Holland&Holland

Postby Amazi on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Yeah they consider it one, but if I were to cut the pistol grip off my benelli m1 then it's not anymore.
To my knowledge there is only one assault rifle, I'd love to own one but their to far in between and I'd never have the cash to buy one and I'm sure getting a permit right now would be slightly difficult right now.

Dicks prices are overpriced on everything. The people complaining about it probably have not stepped foot in the stores they are bashing for selling the rifles.
Amazi

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:03 pm

I got into a some what contentious debate on FB. They were exalting Dicks for their discussion to stop selling “assault” rifles and moving the age to purchase ammunition and long guns to 21. They didn’t like the facts that Dicks had pulled AR style rifles after Sandy Hook on Dec 12 2012 yet opened Field and Stream stores August 16 2013, 8 months later. You guessed it, selling AR style rifles for the next 4 years and 7 months. The information did not sit well. It just didn’t fit there narrative of patting Dicks on the back.
Sorcerer

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Sorcerer wrote:I got into a some what contentious debate on FB. They were exalting Dicks for their discussion to stop selling “assault” rifles and moving the age to purchase ammunition and long guns to 21. They didn’t like the facts that Dicks had pulled AR style rifles after Sandy Hook on Dec 12 2012 yet opened Field and Stream stores August 16 2013, 8 months later. You guessed it, selling AR style rifles for the next 4 years and 7 months. The information did not sit well. It just didn’t fit there narrative of patting Dicks on the back.

Dick's, there name says it all I think.
Holland&Holland

Return to Long Guns