Grendel owners, chime in

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Before I put my lower together, was using the 300BO lower with a 3 lb timney trigger. Now just a regular trigger until next month. Already spent my monthly allowance this month.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1636 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Ghost on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Before I put my lower together, was using the 300BO lower with a 3 lb timney trigger. Now just a regular trigger until next month. Already spent my monthly allowance this month.

What are you gonna put in it?
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 5355 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Might look at CMG since a little cheaper. But my 300BO short barrel and my 308 AR short barrel have timney triggers so used to them. Will see what my budget is next month. Now if I could sell my other 300 BO that I have posted, could get it sooner.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1636 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Ghost on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Might look at CMG since a little cheaper. But my 300BO short barrel and my 308 AR short barrel have timney triggers so used to them. Will see what my budget is next month. Now if I could sell my other 300 BO that I have posted, could get it sooner.

$87 and a chance to win an ultimate upper each week until Christmas
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 5355 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:26 am

Bearcatrp wrote:No, meant 1000 fps @1000 yards. Am going to try one more time with Hornady bullets and try a 120 match bullet. My 300BO shoots both subs quiet and supers fairly quiet.


What issue are you having with the Hornady bullets? Are these reloads or factory ammo? I'm asking because of curiosity. My 50 will not shoot their 750 gr Amax's worth a crap. I tried them, but could not get them to group, and got random vertical and horizontal stringing.

My .243 (actually wife's gun) won't shoot Hornady very well either. The gun loves Sierra Matchkings on top of Varget. To be fair, I have not tried the newer ELD-M yet.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code"

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
User avatar
BigDog58
 
Posts: 1999 [View]
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 am
Location: Edina, MN

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:58 am

Reloads. Looked like a shot gun blast at 50 yards. Tried 123 SST and match. Will try 120 match to see how they do.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1636 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:59 am

Ghost wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Might look at CMG since a little cheaper. But my 300BO short barrel and my 308 AR short barrel have timney triggers so used to them. Will see what my budget is next month. Now if I could sell my other 300 BO that I have posted, could get it sooner.

$87 and a chance to win an ultimate upper each week until Christmas
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Temping but like a single stage on my AR's.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1636 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:42 am

Bearcatrp wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Might look at CMG since a little cheaper. But my 300BO short barrel and my 308 AR short barrel have timney triggers so used to them. Will see what my budget is next month. Now if I could sell my other 300 BO that I have posted, could get it sooner.

$87 and a chance to win an ultimate upper each week until Christmas
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Temping but like a single stage on my AR's.

Go 2 stage and never look back
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 5750 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Ghost on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:28 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:
Ghost wrote:$87 and a chance to win an ultimate upper each week until Christmas
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Temping but like a single stage on my AR's.

Go 2 stage and never look back

This
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 5355 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Ghost on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:32 pm

User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 5355 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Sweet. To bad allot of grendel owners have issues with this round. I gave up on it. Wouldn't group for crap at 50 yards. I switched to speer gold dot 120 grain bullet. Doing very well.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1636 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Sweet. To bad allot of grendel owners have issues with this round. I gave up on it. Wouldn't group for crap at 50 yards. I switched to speer gold dot 120 grain bullet. Doing very well.

You must mean 50 miles. It is a grendel after all.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 5750 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:40 am

I wish. Went to range yesterday to try 120 SMK. Worked up close to what I reload the speer bullet. Sweet at 100 yard's. Came up with same load as the speer. I have 12 inches faxon match barrel. Guys with 18-20 inch barrels are getting only 200 fps more than what I am getting with my 12 inch barrel. Was considering building a 18 inch barrel Grendel but after seeing the difference between mine and other longer barrels, not worth it for the small gain.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 1636 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby arizona98tj on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Another successful deer hunting season with my 6.5 Grendel AR. :)

About a week before firearms opener, my wife asked me if I had sighted in my rifle. I told her I hadn't unsighted it from last year. She told me I'd better check it since she didn't want to hear about it if something wasn't working correctly once I was out hunting.

I drug out my shooting bench, put a few hand loads in the magazine, and hung a target at 100 yds to verify zero.

Image

I moved to the next drop hash mark on my scope's reticle and fired again, looking for a hole 1" higher than before. Close enough. Scope verified....wife satisfied. :)

Image

I shot this young 8 pointer as opening day was approaching sundown. It was 176 yds out per the rangefinder. It went 50 yds and dropped. The 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip shredded both lungs and didn't exit the buck.

Image
User avatar
arizona98tj
 
Posts: 189 [View]
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Bemidji, MN

Re: Grendel owners, chime in

Postby Ghost on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:30 pm

arizona98tj wrote:Another successful deer hunting season with my 6.5 Grendel AR. :)

About a week before firearms opener, my wife asked me if I had sighted in my rifle. I told her I hadn't unsighted it from last year. She told me I'd better check it since she didn't want to hear about it if something wasn't working correctly once I was out hunting.

I drug out my shooting bench, put a few hand loads in the magazine, and hung a target at 100 yds to verify zero.

Image

I moved to the next drop hash mark on my scope's reticle and fired again, looking for a hole 1" higher than before. Close enough. Scope verified....wife satisfied. :)

Image

I shot this young 8 pointer as opening day was approaching sundown. It was 176 yds out per the rangefinder. It went 50 yds and dropped. The 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip shredded both lungs and didn't exit the buck.

Image

Nice job! Great shooting.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 5355 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Long Guns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron