Aero Precision .308 lower receiver magazine catch problem

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Aero Precision .308 lower receiver magazine catch problem

Postby tabberski on Wed May 29, 2019 7:05 pm

I had bought a couple from Brownells when they were on sale. Put the lowers together and installed a functioning upper. Pulled the trigger and the magazine dropped out. This happened on both builds. Apparently they had a batch of lowers where the magazine catch wasn't going in far enough to engage the mags. Very disappointing to say the least. The lowers were stripped back down and sent back to Aero. Apparently they found the same issue and are sending out replacement lowers. I will say their customer service was very good, and turn around time was well within reason. I should have the parts back together for next weekends shoot. So reasonably satisfied with the current situation. Just an FYI if anyone else is having the same problems.
tabberski

Re: Aero Precision .308 lower receiver magazine catch problem

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed May 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Sounds like they have you covered. Screwing the mag release in deeper did not correct it?
Holland&Holland

Postby tabberski on Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Nope, I pulled the release out, reinstalled without plunger, or spring and applied agressive finger pressure to fully seat the mag release and it still wasn't grabbing the mag fully. Foolishly I tired to bend the mag release with a light tap of a hammer. Snapped in half immediatly, must be that funny MIM cast stuff. Should have new receivers home on Tuesday. :D
tabberski

Postby TommyMN on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Hope mine aren’t that like that. Crap.
TommyMN

Return to Long Guns