Gas block question for a2 hand guard

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Gas block question for a2 hand guard

Postby nhluke on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:35 pm

It's been a while since I've put an upper together. I had enough parts to maybe finish a whole ar pistol and or sbr upper...

I know I need a carbine gas tube but what gas block "should" I throw on here so I can use this plastic a2 style hand guard? I have an SLR adjustable low profile one that I was planning on switching with a Bcm I use for suppressed hunting....

I think i have the delta ring, barrel nut

Is it correct I'm missing a gas tube, roll pin, gas block and or whatever that washer cone cross shaped thing that holds the muzzle end of the hand guard in? I couldn't remember if that is something I can add to any gas block or it's built in to certain ones.
Attachments
15855284914694447484871606368474.jpg
nhluke

Re: Gas block question for a2 hand guard

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:39 pm

It is called a handguard cap and you will need that to retain the front of the handguard. Typically it would be used with a standard front sight base. It can be used with other gas blocks though typically something with some mass to push against.

Your handguards are not A2 though. They look carbine length and maybe it is just the angle of the pic but the barrel looks like it is longer than a carbine length gas port.
Holland&Holland

Re: Gas block question for a2 hand guard

Postby nhluke on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:56 pm

The hand guard is the carbine length as well as the barrel (at least that's what I ordered). The photo isn't great. I'll just order a standard gas block and a hand guard cap. Thanks!
nhluke

Return to Long Guns