Gen 2 Sub 2000

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Gen 2 Sub 2000

Postby armedwalleye on Thu May 14, 2020 11:35 am

Anyone with knowledge on the Sub2k sights? I'm having trouble with mine. Group is nice, but I'm about 5 in low and 3 left on 25 ft. I've maxed out the front sight adjustment as far right and down as possible, and some better, but still nowhere close.
Anybody have any thoughts? I know I can send it back to the mothership, but wondering if there are any other thoughts out there for me.

Thanks
The weaponized fish.....
armedwalleye

Re: Gen 2 Sub 2000

Postby westhope on Fri May 15, 2020 9:05 am

I had the same problem with mine. I shortened the front sight post to zero it. Windage was not a problem. I looked at trying to build a longer rear sight but it looked too completed for my machining skills.

I do not like the side posts to protect front sight. They look too much like the front sight post and have used the wrong one when shooting fast. I like the HK style of partial circular sight protectors. I painted my front sight white to help with the proper recognition of the sight.

MCARBO makes a higher replacement. I haven't tried it. $64.95

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMON4gel6PQ
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby rtk on Fri May 15, 2020 9:55 am

Typical Kel-Tec low quality. I had one and sold it...although, I do regret getting rid of it.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby armedwalleye on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:27 am

Sorry it took some time to come back around on this, but I did contact Kel-Tec, and sent it back. No idea what the y did, but rec'd it back, sight is re-centered, everything works, hits a bit low, but a couple clicks on elevation solved it. Gonna give the front sight a dab of paint, though. I do agree it looks to much like the protector side posts.
The weaponized fish.....
armedwalleye

Return to Long Guns