Value of a used Investarms .50 cal BP?

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Value of a used Investarms .50 cal BP?

Postby Bergie on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:45 pm

I'm thinking of buying one of these Hawkens from a buddy and neither of us are sure what a fair value is. Looks like new they're anywhere between $400-500.......( not sure of condition yet as I've not seen it, so of course that'll play into it)
Bergie

Re: Value of a used Investarms .50 cal BP?

Postby IvanTheTerribleShot on Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:25 am

I recently ran into this website which calculates present gun value from their sales database: https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/investar ... ical-value
Not sure how accurate their estimates are; would be interested to hear others' opinion.
IvanTheTerribleShot

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:39 am

IvanTheTerribleShot wrote:I recently ran into this website which calculates present gun value from their sales database: https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/investar ... ical-value
Not sure how accurate their estimates are; would be interested to hear others' opinion.

I keep a pretty good spread sheet on value of what I have and 6 of 7 that I ran on that site where right on and the 7th they didn't have enough info to give me a value and they said so instead of guesstimating the value as some sites do..
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:23 am

They do a pretty good job of listing out the data they are using to come up with the number which is nice. It's somewhat on you to put in specific enough terms to get the right matches. Seems like a decent tool to at least get you in the ballpark without all the manual searching assuming there is enough data.
grimbeaver

Return to Long Guns