Unique Glock Malfunction (Seeking Help)

Discussion of handguns

Re: Unique Glock Malfunction (Seeking Help)

Postby Snowgun on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:38 am

Bessy wrote:
Snowgun wrote:
1911fan wrote:How about the FIRST safety with all guns, the User interface....

We have a winner!

I thought you were going to say firing pin block.. at which point I would given you a virtual punch in the balls.

:lol: :lol: (more coffee on the screen)!
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby mnglocker on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 am

Look at my user name,

<------------

Now take out that stupid siderlock safety. Also, isn't it kind of stupid to have to play with the trigger to turn the safety on or off? Get that crap out of there!
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby macphisto on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:03 am

I didn't know anything about the Siderlock safety, so I was reading about it on Cabela's site. Look at these user reviews:

By hmsjr from lennon, mi

"This is a much needed addition to the glock hand gun if there are small childern in the home. I see no problems when drawing the weapon and releasing the safety button. It becomes second nature with practice. I did not find any difference in the trigger pull either. I would highly recommend this product to all my friends that own glocks."

Uh oh.

By gunluva

"it has allowed me the comfort to carry a round in the pipe, ive carried concealed for years its like my wallet so the more saftey checkes the better. It works, iwas sceptical but it works its on the triger and simple to dis ingadge and was able to keep the 3.5 lb trigger i had allready very simple install for someone that is knowledgable in glocks"

No, stupid, the more saftey checkes (sic), the more likely your gun won't go bang when you really need it to. But in your case, maybe extra saftey checkes are in order, like the helmet you wear whenever you're out in the community.

By FIRE3 from MICHIGAN

"THIS HAS BEEN NEEDED FOR MANY YEARS. I LOVE MY GLOCK 27 THIS MAKES BY GLOCK EVEN BETTER. IT NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED BY GUNSMITH, AS I WAITED ABOUT 15 MIN. I SOLD 3 OTHER CUSTOMERS AS I WAITED."

OMFG COOL STORY BRO!!!

By GlockTalk from Los Angeles

"I was so impressed with the workmanship and design of the Siderlock that I purchased several of them for all my Glocks. Fairly easy to install - took me about 10 minutes - and very easy to use.

I consider it an essential option for the Glock pistol if you normally keep your gun in the ready-to-fire position. A lot of folks don't like the idea of having anything interfere with the trigger process, but the operation of pushing a small button is so natural that it doesn't seem to be a valid argument.

I really like this product!"

You are only kidding yourself.

By Preacherbob from I'm an old gun lover, 71 and still very active

"I am very pleased with this extra safty feature made available for my Glock pistol. I don't leave it lay around, but if one was laying around before you install the siderlock, any kid can pick it up and fire the weapon. Thanks again to Cabela for making this product available. Sincerely, Bob"

Get with the program, Bob.

WTF is wrong with these clowns?
macphisto

Postby mnglocker on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 am

macphisto wrote:I didn't know anything about the Siderlock safety, so I was reading about it on Cabela's site. Look at these user reviews:

By hmsjr from lennon, mi

"This is a much needed addition to the glock hand gun if there are small childern in the home. I see no problems when drawing the weapon and releasing the safety button. It becomes second nature with practice. I did not find any difference in the trigger pull either. I would highly recommend this product to all my friends that own glocks."

Uh oh.

By gunluva

"it has allowed me the comfort to carry a round in the pipe, ive carried concealed for years its like my wallet so the more saftey checkes the better. It works, iwas sceptical but it works its on the triger and simple to dis ingadge and was able to keep the 3.5 lb trigger i had allready very simple install for someone that is knowledgable in glocks"

No, stupid, the more saftey checkes (sic), the more likely your gun won't go bang when you really need it to. But in your case, maybe extra saftey checkes are in order, like the helmet you wear whenever you're out in the community.

By FIRE3 from MICHIGAN

"THIS HAS BEEN NEEDED FOR MANY YEARS. I LOVE MY GLOCK 27 THIS MAKES BY GLOCK EVEN BETTER. IT NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED BY GUNSMITH, AS I WAITED ABOUT 15 MIN. I SOLD 3 OTHER CUSTOMERS AS I WAITED."

OMFG COOL STORY BRO!!!

"I was so impressed with the workmanship and design of the Siderlock that I purchased several of them for all my Glocks. Fairly easy to install - took me about 10 minutes - and very easy to use.

I consider it an essential option for the Glock pistol if you normally keep your gun in the ready-to-fire position. A lot of folks don't like the idea of having anything interfere with the trigger process, but the operation of pushing a small button is so natural that it doesn't seem to be a valid argument.

"I am very pleased with this extra safty feature made available for my Glock pistol. I don't leave it lay around, but if one was laying around before you install the siderlock, any kid can pick it up and fire the weapon. Thanks again to Cabela for making this product available. Sincerely, Bob"

They probably work for Siderlock.
-Get a rope Tuco.

mnglocker

Postby hammAR on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:14 am

macphisto wrote:WTF is wrong with these clowns?

You answered your own question.............

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby mrokern on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:45 pm

As with so many other things in the gun world...a solution looking for a problem.
Back to being just a guy.
No, not that guy. Or that other one either.
mrokern

Postby robase644 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:56 pm

The website is awesome. (graphics, c.a.d., etc.) but the product is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen....

-smd7
robase644

Postby RobD on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:59 am

Another armorer chiming in here....

The first step is to take the safety off, put the factory trigger in, and try to replicate the problem. If it works after you remove it, then you have identified the issue. If not, then there may be some other things to look at. I'd bet the farm the non-oem part is to blame.

If you have the factory internals installed, and still have the issue, Myself, DonL, Vrooom, are happy to help...
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby Faust on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:04 am

RobD,
Mechanically speaking, the trigger bar doesn't know wheither a Glock or Siderlock trigger is attached to it. The Siderlock trigger is completely external; only linked to the mechanical workings of gun through the trigger bar. I don't see how it could yield the effects it is yielding.

I will be experimenting this weekend with putting the stock trigger back on.
Faust

Postby mnglocker on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:14 am

Faust wrote:RobD,
Mechanically speaking, the trigger bar doesn't know wheither a Glock or Siderlock trigger is attached to it. The Siderlock trigger is completely external; only linked to the mechanical workings of gun through the trigger bar. I don't see how it could yield the effects it is yielding.

I will be experimenting this weekend with putting the stock trigger back on.

The siderlock trigger is attached to the trigger bar, so no it's not completely external. If forced or twisted in during intallation the trigger bar could have been bent also, leading to malfunctions.
-Get a rope Tuco.

mnglocker

Postby Hawkeye on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:30 am

I agree, put everything back to factory specs. My glock shoots better with age. I love it. (Model 22) There is a reason it has it's safety system. It is simple, safe and it saves lives. That is why so many law enforcement agencies use it.
Hawkeye

Postby Viseprints on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:01 am

Maybe it's Sunday morning . . . maybe I'm just tired . . . but it's the first time I've read this thread and you regulars made me LOL.

I bought a used Glock 19 a couple of years ago. Never a problem and I think it had been fired a lot before I got it. I find it simple to operate and I haven't shot myself in the eye yet.
Last edited by Viseprints on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viseprints

Postby rtk on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:36 am

Viseprints wrote:Maybe it's Sunday morning . . . maybe I'm just tired . . . but it's the first time I've read this thread and you regulars have me LOL.

Kinda like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Zl0a2- ... re=related
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby John S. on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 pm

macphisto wrote:I didn't know anything about the Siderlock safety, so I was reading about it on Cabela's site. Look at these user reviews:

By hmsjr from lennon, mi

Uh oh.

By gunluva

By FIRE3 from MICHIGAN

OMFG COOL STORY BRO!!!

Uhm, no spell check? :roll:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby mnglocker on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:35 am

John S. wrote:Uhm, no spell check? :roll:

Get help John!!!
-Get a rope Tuco.

mnglocker

Previous

Return to Handguns