Best place to get a CP class in The Northern Burbs

Discussion of handguns

Best place to get a CP class in The Northern Burbs

Postby The Lance on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:27 am

I live in Lino Lakes/Blaine and what places other then Bills gun shop should I take my CCP class at? Any recommendations for a class in the area?

I'm also willing to go to a class anywhere in the metro twin cities as I don't mind the drive and I would imagine it would be on a weekend anyways..

I should also mention I have only been the the gun range 5-6 times and my shooting is fairly accurate but could be better. Am I better off taking some beginner classes before I take my CCP class? Or is it something I really don't have to worry about and I'll do fine at?

I am picking up my glock 19 on tuesday so I won't be taking the CCP class until at least a month afterwards or till I get really use to the gun also..
Last edited by The Lance on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Re: Best place to get a CCP class in The Northern Burbs

Postby Gecko, Extra Crispy on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:45 am

Mother Russia is pissed you forgot one of the C's
Gecko, Extra Crispy

Postby ex-LT on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:39 am

Not sure what this CCP you speak of is.

If you mean a Permit to Carry (MN has no requirement to conceal), be advised that calling it a CCP is a foghornable offense.

Seriously though, there's a few members on the forum who offer classes in the north metro (Princewally offers classes in Brooklyn Center - check his website http://www.metrodefense.com for his next class). Also check the Training forum - the instructors typically indicate where the class is being held.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby monschman on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:39 am

There are a multitude of instructors and clss types out there that will fit your needs. I ask though that you look into Blue Line Defense. We have several upcoming permit to carry classes over the next couple of months along with some more focused shooting classes. We also have the ability to tailor instuction to exactly your needs and requirements. Check us out at http://www.bluelinedefense.com or p.m. me with any questions you have. Thanks,
dON
monschman

Postby old guy on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:08 am

Iv;e been in on two of Princewally's classes, He's good to go.

John
old guy

Postby plblark on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:40 am

Don't limit yourself geographically. Shop around, contact a couple instructors, talk to them, and ask around.

Yeah, I'm saying that because I'm not in the North Metro and would like to have your business. But it also happens to be true.

If you can't wait and take my class, There are a lot of good instructors hereabouts. I've taken PrinceWally's class and enjoyed it.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Hammer99... on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:51 am

I've taken classes from Bill's, Andrew Rothman and Blue Line Defense. I can't say anything bad about any of them. And I can personally recommend monschman.
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby The Lance on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 am

thanks guys I guess it all comes down to personal preference and the time and location.
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby mmarino on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 am

IMHO, if you have only shot a firearm a handful of times and you are just picking up your first gun i would recommend to take a basic course before taking your permit to carry class. get to know the gun inside and out (i've never heard of a glock malfunctioning but $#it does happen) and shoot it a lot before carrying it. i wouldn't worry about the range portion of the class if you are fairly accurate you'll do fine.
but again I'm not an instructor nor I'm affiliated with any of them, there quite a few instructors here on the forum and all of them have people that will vouch for them
mmarino

Return to Handguns