My new CZ

Discussion of handguns

Re: My new CZ

Postby SparkyJeff on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:12 pm

I still have a 9mm TZ75 I love shoot'n that thing but the rear sight sucks hard- it keeps gettin' knocked around. needs an upgrade.
I'ma get a real CZ soon.
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby chunkstyle on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:35 pm

I have 5 of 'em.
"In his library at Simi Valley, dead Reagan waits dreaming"
chunkstyle

Postby aaron878 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Well, took her out for the first time today put 164 rounds through it (those 16 round mags lead to goofy round counts :)). Not a single issue and I was feeding her 9 dollar russian steel crap for 100 rounds and 64 rounds worth of WWB. I'm already in love.

IMG_0684.jpg

At 25 feet, not even pretending to have hit it on the first round, but the real impressive thing is that my dad found the bullet back in the hill after we were done shooting!
aaron878

Postby Cadet on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm

I had a CZ cadet... atleast I think thats its name.. well the .22 model for 2 weeks and sold it, I cant stand the ergos... didnt fit my hand well at all and had to adjust my grip which defeated the point of using it as a trainer for my full size...
Shooting better than you since 1995.
Mossberg MVP Predator .223/Benelli R1 300 Win. Mag/Browning Maxus 12 Ga./S&W M&P AR15-22 Mall Ninja MOE Edition/Henry Golden Boy 22LR/Remington 870 Deluxe 20 GA.
Cadet

Postby Ironbear on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:34 pm

SparkyJeff wrote:I still have a 9mm TZ75 I love shoot'n that thing but the rear sight sucks hard- it keeps gettin' knocked around. needs an upgrade.
I'ma get a real CZ soon.

A TZ-75 was the first handgun I ever bought! Either it or my CZ-75 seem to get drug along, nearly every time I go shooting.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby dleong on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Beware - the Jericho's are figgen boat anchors, which is probably why Magnum Research sells them as Baby Eagles. Heaviest 9mm this side of a Hi-Point...

It is indeed a heavy firearm, but that weight is what makes it such a soft-shooting gun, even in its .40S&W guise. One can realistically go an entire day shooting this gun without feeling recoil fatigue.

The "Baby Eagle" designation MR gave the gun (ostensibly to capitalize on the Desert Eagle's mystique) was a silly marketing move, in my opinion. They should have just kept it as the Jericho 941.

Here's my Jeri... er, "Baby Eagle" chambered in .40S&W:

Jericho_941_BE.jpg
dleong

Postby Tomh on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Was my first 9mm at caused me to really enjoy the sport. I have the CZ 75B Compact w Crimson Trace grips. I have killed a lot of evil paper tgts with this! I have the Kadet too. Takes less than 20 seconds to switch out between 9mm and .22.

You can convert the cheaper Beretta Fs92 9mm mags to the CZ with a good eye and a Dremill tool. Gotta get it just right.
Tomh

Postby Snowgun on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 pm

dleong wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:Beware - the Jericho's are figgen boat anchors, which is probably why Magnum Research sells them as Baby Eagles. Heaviest 9mm this side of a Hi-Point...

It is indeed a heavy firearm, but that weight is what makes it such a soft-shooting gun, even in its .40S&W guise. One can realistically go an entire day shooting this gun without feeling recoil fatigue.

The "Baby Eagle" designation MR gave the gun (ostensibly to capitalize on the Desert Eagle's mystique) was a silly marketing move, in my opinion. They should have just kept it as the Jericho 941.

Here's my Jeri... er, "Baby Eagle" chambered in .40S&W:

Jericho_941_BE.jpg

Thats a nice looking Jerico...

I picked one up once at a cabelas, I couldn't flip the slide safety off with out a considerable amount of effort, it was in an awkward place. Kinda ruined it for me, since I liked a lot of other stuff about them...
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby Jeff Bergquist on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 am

My CZs and clones.

Snowgun, check out the safety on my Jericho 45FS, upper left. That older style safety is ergonomically terrific and IMO should never have been changed.
The bold type giveth, the fine print taketh away.
Jeff Bergquist

Postby Snowgun on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

Jeff Bergquist wrote:My CZs and clones.

Snowgun, check out the safety on my Jericho 45FS, upper left. That older style safety is ergonomically terrific and IMO should never have been changed.

Yep, it's too bad they changed to the slide safety....

Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby Lunchbox on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:04 am

Looking at getting a cz75(i need to shoot one first) when I get the money to do so. After taking another look at snowgun's at from sight like his will end up on it at some point. Hopefully be into one late this month early next month.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

My new CZ

Postby aaron878 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:53 am

Lunchbox wrote:Looking at getting a cz75(i need to shoot one first) when I get the money to do so. After taking another look at snowgun's at from sight like his will end up on it at some point. Hopefully be into one late this month early next month.

Holding one was enough for me, it fit like a glove.
aaron878

Postby Snowgun on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Lunchbox wrote:Looking at getting a cz75(i need to shoot one first) when I get the money to do so. After taking another look at snowgun's at from sight like his will end up on it at some point. Hopefully be into one late this month early next month.

Wut? :?

If you are talking about the front sight (taking a shot at translation here), that came standard on the gun from the CZ custom shop. Fiber optics are the best. I believe they sell them if you want to mount one on a regular cz75.

Check out cajun gun works (as well as CZcustom and CZusa) for other esoteric CZ parts to snaz out your gun with.

Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:09 pm

I use a CZ for trap shooting, love that gun. Had some nice work done to the stock to get an adjustable comb.
Thunder71

Postby Lunchbox on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Snowgun - yes sorry I didn't catch that, sometimes fat fingers and iPhones don't mix. Predictive text doesn't help either.

Aaron - I held one too and it DOES feel wonderful in the hand. I had to pass it off quick or woulda found some way to leave with it. Whatever I go with will be my first handgun purchase. I may be taking a friends "mistakes" a little too far as far as buyers remorse goes but I would like to shoot it first. I've been looking at that or a sig p226 on paper and in the hand they are neck and neck. Got a lot of info from the guys on the forum when I joined. Bill's has a cz to rent and a buddy can get the 226, I just need the time and money to put some rounds down range. If after that they're still tied I'll prolly go with the cz. I really liked how that fit. But as I was told fit isn't everything.

After all that is said I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone again for their input.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns