22 pistol?

Discussion of handguns

Re: 22 pistol?

Postby mmarino on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:55 pm

finally i picked up my new ISSC M22 today, got home played with it for a bit and cleaned it (they put a lot of gunk on it) it seems to be pretty well put together, it doesn't feel cheap. hopefully i'll be able to go swing by the range in the next couple of days, i picked up a few different types of .22 ammo... i'm itching to go shoot it :D
mmarino

Postby mnmike59 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:07 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:EAA tanfolio witness combo seems like a good idea to me... or a 1911 with a .22lr conversion kit.

Although I'm not huge on S&W, they have the 22A you can pickup cheap...

I have one of these. This gun is a hoot. Eats anything and was dirt cheap. A fun gun!
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby jp8775 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 am

Just a little update on the ISSC M22, I now have been using them for months and I have several of them. Blazer .22 40 grain ammo seems to overall work the best. Next is CCI mini-mags then Remington Thunderbolts. This gun likes HV ammo best but it will function with std ammo also, just not as well.
If you want to help the function even more, use a Dremel type tool and a 1/8 inch stone or the like. Reshape the feed ramp where it meets the chamber. You will see that there is a step. If you look at several of them you will see this varies from 1/32 to as much as 2/32 of an inch. This can cause the round to pitch up too soon and jamb from time to time. Now the gun works fine as it is delivered, this just enhances the operation.
Over all my opinion of the gun has not changed, it’s a great Glock style practice gun in a dedicated not converted gun. I still have my Advantage arms conversions for all my Glocks too, but it’s so easy to just pick one up and start shooting. It’s a $200 gun, it does not surprise me that there are things you can do to make it function better. I have owned several .45 ACP’s only one worked well out of the box and it was real expensive.
Magazines are a problem, no one seems to want to stock them, Buds had some when I purchased the last two M22’s from then, they were again out when I last checked. My distributors do not stock them either. I needed to set up an account directly with ISSC so I can purchase magazines directly from them wholesale.
I hope this helps someone using the gun. Go here and see the M22 testing 500 rounds w/o cleaning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9KIr3TrqOc
;)
jp8775

Postby jp8775 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:52 pm

ISSC M22 has a new, importer it is: Legacy Sports HTTP://www.legacysports.com. This is a long time distributor with a great reputation in firearms. They are responsible for warrantee and parts. I have loved the ones I own and use for training. They need to be broken in and work best with specific ammo. Also polishing the feed ramps really helps function. (if you do not buy a expensive .45 Springfield design, and do not polish the feed ramps they do not work well for the most part either) I have about 6000 rounds through one of them I use. :D
jp8775

Postby Defog on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:On the something different front I would consider a Ruger Mark I,II, III or Browning Buck Mark.

+1
I like my freedom. It came at a high price to many before me, and I will honor them by keeping said freedom intact.

~B
Defog

Postby Tomh on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:34 pm

I bought a Colt Umerax a few weeks ago and have been having fun with it. I do see the poster has purchased a firearm already but wanted to weigh in on this point: the Ruger and buck mark have mags that work with the auto loader which is really nice for long afternoons of shooting. I was disappointed I can't find a speed loader for the Umerax, but...

http://www.gunblast.com/Cliploader.htm
Tomh

Postby mc762x54R on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Ruger, Ruger, Ruger

the slide on my Mosquito cracked in half after 3 years..maybe 6000 rounds. It's not made by Sig, and the slide is made of low grade zinc-aluminum.
Sig fixed it, but I was out $50 for shipping.
It's also very ammo finicky and point of impact seems to change drastically from 7 to 25 yards. Accuracy is so-so.
I just got a Ruger mk iii, it shot any ammo I put in it, and it shot all of it very accurately. POI was very consistent from 20 to 50 feet
mc762x54R

Postby Defog on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:40 pm

http://www.gunblast.com/Cliploader.htm

I have one of these, and I enjoy being able to load the magazine faster than my cousin's son can empty them.
I like my freedom. It came at a high price to many before me, and I will honor them by keeping said freedom intact.

~B
Defog

Previous

Return to Handguns