92fs

Discussion of handguns

92fs

Postby kowalzekc on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Well I am now the proud owner of a 92fs. I am mainly using this for a range baby/nightstand warrior. But I do also intend on carrying this brick as well. That being said, is there anyone here who does carry a 92FS? If so, what style of holster do you use and what brand?
Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals... all we know is, he's called the Stig.
kowalzekc

Re: 92fs

Postby Bulldog1856 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 pm

I prefer to carry mine iwb in a hybrid style from old faithful. I carry my 92 or 96 on a pretty regular basis.
Bulldog1856

Postby rockcreek on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:14 pm

I carry one in a Galco Miami Vice shoulder holster once in a while. Very comfortable, and I look as cool as Don Johnson, lol. It is pretty much limited to cooler weather though.
rockcreek

Postby tazdevil on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:20 pm

I carry it in a Serpa level 2. Remember one thing with it, you run out of ammo, throw the friggin' thing at them! They are great guns IMHO.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby farmerj on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:17 am

http://www.rmholsters.com

That's where I got mine. The Extreme cant hides it well. You can wear it with or without a belt. I covered the Kydex that goes next to my skin with moleskin. More comfortable.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby craigom on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:26 am

Congrats, if you want to take the 12 pound DA trigger pull down to 8, go to http://www.olhasso.com/PS/index.htm and order a D spring. Very easy to swap out the original for this, YouTube has videos for most Beretta parts (hammer, springs, etc). Havefun. That spring will lighten your SA a tad too, very nice change for less than $20.
craigom

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:23 pm

I have 92FS's and 96FS's with CT laser grips or Houge(sp) rubber.
I use Blackhawk holster with mechanical finger release.
I think Serbu, but I think its Serpa. (Serbu is a 50BMG rifle.)
Someone here will correct me.
The Law Enforcement community recently banned its use as unsafe, but its a training issue - "no finger on trigger until you shoot" - "keep finger along frame" TRAINING !!!
OldmanFCSA

Postby Bulldog1856 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:00 pm

+1000 on the D spring from Olhasso. It is a must have modification to any Beretta. Cheap and super easy to do yourself. Enjoy your 92 and have fun with it!
Bulldog1856

Postby kowalzekc on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:27 pm

That's everyone for the response, I'll look onto that 8 pound conversion. Also, Is there ant out the waist band holsters anyone recommends, any of the bianchi or galcos?
Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals... all we know is, he's called the Stig.
kowalzekc

Postby peckerhead on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I had a well-worn 1988 92F that I really liked, but had to sell during hard times. I carried it in a Side Guard "Slide" holster that I had Eric make up for me. I passed that holster along to my uncle for his Taurus PT-92, and he's still using it to this day (probably close to four years old now).

I've got Side Guard "Slide" holsters for every handgun I own. The quality, value, and service from Side Guard are top notch!

+1 on the "D" hammer spring as well; loved it on mine, and actually made DA shooting bearable.

I received a Blackhawk Serpa as a gift. I do use it, but I cut down the finger release to disable it.
peckerhead

Postby tazdevil on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:18 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:I have 92FS's and 96FS's with CT laser grips or Houge(sp) rubber.
The Law Enforcement community recently banned its use as unsafe, but its a training issue - "no finger on trigger until you shoot" - "keep finger along frame" TRAINING !!!

Really? When I unholster it my finger naturally goes on the side of the slide/frame, not right to the trigger.
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:09 pm

tazdevil wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:I have 92FS's and 96FS's with CT laser grips or Houge(sp) rubber.

Really? When I unholster it my finger naturally goes on the side of the slide/frame, not right to the trigger.

I AGREE - AS IT SHOULD !!!!!!!!!!!
Tell that to the Law Enforcement types that banned its use, because they don't know how to un-holster a gun properly.
OldmanFCSA

Postby tazdevil on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:25 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:
tazdevil wrote:

I AGREE - AS IT SHOULD !!!!!!!!!!!
Tell that to the Law Enforcement types that banned its use, because they don't know how to un-holster a gun properly.

Where did they ban its use? Is it a public range?
tazdevil

Postby farmerj on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:26 am

they are not allowed to use them as a duty holster.

I can see the argument for training and I can see the argument for equipment design.

I have also seen them pick up pebbles under the lock and not be able to release the pistol. THAT is pure design.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby peckerhead on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:08 pm

I've seen a few film clips of people shooting themselves after drawing from a Blackhawk Serpa, and I understand how easily it could happen. I have also heard about cases where the finger button jammed due to debris getting caught in it. I'm not taking a chance; the tab has been removed from the finger button on mine. The holster has adjustable retention and works very well without the finger button.
peckerhead

Return to Handguns