Picked up my Glock 23

Discussion of handguns

Picked up my Glock 23

Postby Irish.40 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:09 am

Last night I traded my XD40sc for a new Glock 23. I have been blasted by coworkers for trading my first gun. But the XD just didn't fit my hand. It was a great gun but not for me. I will miss the night sights for a while. Hopefully, I will make it to the range in the next few days. Normally I would ask about any upgrades or modifications that are recommended, but I like it just the way it is.

Sent from my EVO 4g using Tapatalk.
Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -James Madison
Irish.40

Re: Picked up my Glock 23

Postby yang on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:13 am

Nice! Time to change that avatar pic. LOL.

I also have a G23 and I love it.
yang

Postby The Lance on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:02 am

Everyone need tritium night sights. I shoot better with them on my 19
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Re: Re: Picked up my Glock 23

Postby Irish.40 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:39 am

yang wrote:Nice! Time to change that avatar pic. LOL.

I also have a G23 and I love it.

Damn, I knew I forgot something.

Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -James Madison
Irish.40

Postby grousemaster on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:58 am

You pick up a Gen 3 or 4? I like them both. Which Hornady JHP's you using? Critical Defense? XTP?

Dang you get up early.... :D
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Re: Re: Re: Picked up my Glock 23

Postby Irish.40 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 am

grousemaster wrote:You pick up a Gen 3 or 4? I like them both. Which Hornady JHP's you using? Critical Defense? XTP?

Dang you get up early.... :D

I'm up every day at 4:20am. But out of work by 2! I have critical defense now. I am going to try xtp next.

Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
Irish.40

Postby Irish.40 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 am

Oh, and its a gen 3

Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
Irish.40

Postby grousemaster on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 am

Irish.40 wrote:Oh, and its a gen 3

Nice setup, I prefer my G23 over any XD sub compact. It has that "just right" feeling as far as capacity, barrel length, and overall size/weight. 13 rounds of .40 is great firepower from a carry pistol. IF you don't have a holster yet I'd highly recommend the Galco King Tuk. It's like a crossbreed but sturdier and about half the price. Cabela's carries it.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Irish.40 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:24 am

grousemaster wrote:

Nice setup, I prefer my G23 over any XD sub compact. It has that "just right" feeling as far as capacity, barrel length, and overall size/weight. 13 rounds of .40 is great firepower from a carry pistol. IF you don't have a holster yet I'd highly recommend the Galco King Tuk. It's like a crossbreed but sturdier and about half the price. Cabela's carries it.

I agree, course I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. But even so, it feels like an extension of my hand.

Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
Irish.40

Postby Mdclinks on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:27 am

grousemaster wrote:

I also traded up with Thunderjohn from the XD40SC to the gen4 Glock 23. The G23 is just better all around dimensional wise(IMO). However I do miss the thumb/grip safety of the XD. Overall I am very happy with the switch. I am going to have to look into the King Tuk though. I like the G23 so much I have started looking for a G17 to get my wife to start shooting and the cheaper ammo doesn't hurt either. Can't seem to find a G17 anywhere lately though. I didnt see one used gen2 or gen3 at the fair grounds last weekend.
Mdclinks

Postby Irish.40 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 am

Mdclinks wrote:
grousemaster wrote:

I also traded up with Thunderjohn from the XD40SC to the gen4 Glock 23. The G23 is just better all around dimensional wise(IMO). However I do miss the thumb/grip safety of the XD. Overall I am very happy with the switch. I am going to have to look into the King Tuk though. I like the G23 so much I have started looking for a G17 to get my wife to start shooting and the cheaper ammo doesn't hurt either. Can't seem to find a G17 anywhere lately though. I didnt see one used gen2 or gen3 at the fair grounds last weekend.

Yea I hear flocks are hard to come by. Good luck.

Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
Irish.40

Postby Irish.40 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 am

Stupid phone, you know what I meant...

Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
Irish.40

Postby 2005 Vette on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Nice choice I recently sold my compact XD 40 to buy a Glock 19. The XD was my first gun as well
2005 Vette

Postby fjrdc on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Goood choice! I have a G23 3rd gen that I carry dayly . I have a Theis IWB holster http://www.theisholsters.com, horsehide &kydex better built than a crossbreed at half the price!!! Also perfect choice of Ammo 8-)
" Little By Little One Travels Far"
fjrdc

Return to Handguns