Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

Discussion of handguns

Re: Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun May 20, 2012 10:01 pm

I want to see how some other ammo run with this gun, and do a full review on this gun. Would also like to get another magazine or two for it as well.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

Postby fmcgraw on Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 am

I picked up 2 magazines at Ahlmans. Not cheap but actually cheaper than I saw quickly checking online and definitely cheaper than from Sig.
fmcgraw

Postby sgruenhagen44 on Mon May 21, 2012 8:31 am

promod1385 wrote:The one I had would only work reliably with CCI minimags. IIRC the gun came with a couple different recoil springs. It didnt matter which spring I used CCI's were the only reliable ammo.

I traded it away due to this issue, if a 22 wont run the cheap stuff to me it defeats the purpose of having one. I can handload 9mm for less money than the CCI's cost.

Shot promods sig and was very disappointed. My $180 smith 22A was much more reliable. I think my next .22 lr will be a wheel gun. Get the same capapcity anyway in the cylinder compared to most autos. I did like the look of the sig a lot more though. The smith is kinda ugly, I do kinda regret selling it though.
sgruenhagen44

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Mon May 21, 2012 10:18 am

I also have a RUGER mark III 22/45. It's a awesome shooting .22. Their new sr22 looks like a fun shooter.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Muddy41 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:48 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:I want to see how some other ammo run with this gun, and do a full review on this gun. Would also like to get another magazine or two for it as well.

I got mine from Reeds in walker via there website...Bought a couple to help off set the shiping cost...Paid $33 a piece for mine shipping I think was $6 for 3 of them...
Muddy41

Re: Re: Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Mon May 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Muddy41 wrote:
PHATSPEED7x wrote:I want to see how some other ammo run with this gun, and do a full review on this gun. Would also like to get another magazine or two for it as well.

I got mine from Reeds in walker via there website...Bought a couple to help off set the shiping cost...Paid $33 a piece for mine shipping I think was $6 for 3 of them...

I'll check them out. Were the mags metal or plastic? I would prefer metal...
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Re: Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

Postby Muddy41 on Tue May 29, 2012 12:36 am

PHATSPEED7x wrote:
Muddy41 wrote:

I'll check them out. Were the mags metal or plastic? I would prefer metal...

Metal
Muddy41

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Tue May 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Cool. I'll have to check them out.

Did some more shooting of my Mosquito today. Hadn't cleaned or oiled it since I shot it last. I'm guessing It had at least 200 rounds though it before this latest outing... I went though 150 more rounds when the oil decided to give up, and the slide started to stick, causing it not to go into battery. I cleaned it, oiled it again, and she ate the rest of the box of Remington golden bullets I had. Now I need to go buy another box of two of them.
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Maniac117 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Speaking of 'Skeeters.. Here is one of the girls that have been the testing/dumping ground of random accessories.. I love the dang thing, I've gotten too many "WHY?!'s" to even consider giving it up. It's a reliable little pistol with CCI's, picky if you don't clean it. Cheers
Attachments
IMG_1559.JPG
IMG_1558.JPG
MP5?
Maniac117

Postby XDM45 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Like Spartan and Phatspeed, I too own a Ruger MKIII 22/45, which I've ran all sorts of ammo through without a FTF or any major issues. Not sure about the Sig and other 22s, but the Ruger works great. It does seem to be hit and miss with the Sig, from what I've read about their 22s.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby rockstar on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:40 am

The Sig Sauer Mosquitois is a awesome .22 handgun. Especially the reverse Bi tone model.
I will turn in my firearms and not carry a gun for my own protection. When our Government Leaders stop hiding behind man's that carry guns to protect them.
rockstar

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Just dumped another 100 rounds of Remington Golden bullets though mine this afternoon. Also found a new gun oil that is really working well on my firearms. Lucas oil part #10006 gun oil. Seems to stay on the gun longer, and makes things super slick. Not a single problem this trip out... Other than I ran outta ammo, and have to buy another couple boxes of 525 count.
PHATSPEED7x

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Well my retailer was out of Golden bullets, so I picked up a box of Winchester .22LR... Disappointed to say this ammo doesn't run very well in the Sig. Had either jams, or failure to cycle it every single magazine. Went thought about 50 rounds... :x
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Thunderjohn on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:23 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:Well my retailer was out of Golden bullets, so I picked up a box of Winchester .22LR... Disappointed to say this ammo doesn't run very well in the Sig. Had either jams, or failure to cycle it every single magazine. Went thought about 50 rounds... :x

Try polishing the feedramp and see how it goes.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:31 pm

I got my Mosquito sport back in 2007
It was very finicky with ammo when it was new...there is some ammo it still won't shoot, but the bulk Federal worked well.
I polished a few surfaces on the slide in an attempt to reduce friction.
I never really like the sights, the dot on the front sight always seemed too low.
Back in December 2011, my slide cracked completely in half, turns out the slide is not made out of "carbon steel" as one Sig brochure I have says...its some kind of zinc / aluminum alloy. Sig fixed it, after berating me about not changing the recoil spring, and I had to pay to ship it to them.
I bought a Mark III since then, and I haven't fired the Mosquito since. (still want to get new recoil spring)
Attachments
PICT4846 cracked.jpg
PICT4831 cracked slide.jpg
PICT4841 crack.jpg
mc762x54R

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns