Glock Military and LE Special Pricing

Discussion of handguns

Glock Military and LE Special Pricing

Postby xd ED on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:34 pm

mnguy19 wrote:
TH3180 wrote:
mnguy19 wrote:
To go one further with this, military and LE are trained to properly use a firearm and know what they're doing. I think it's pretty reasonable to sell a weapon to someone at a discount who knows what the hell they're doing with it. Some guy who has never held a gun but is going through a mid-life crisis and has watched too many action movies doesn't need any easier access to buy a gun, in my opinion.

So are you saying that since I have not been in the military and I'm not LE. I shouldn't be able to buy a gun?

Is that what I wrote? No? Then that's not what I'm saying. I wrote it exactly as I meant it. Someone who uses a firearm at work obviously knows what they are doing with them and use them more often. There is zero reason john doe should get a discount on firearms just because they think they ought to. Who would I rather be shooting with, military or LE with a firearm or you with a firearm? I'll pick the guy who uses one everyday. They deserve the discounts.

Who actually pays for the military and LE guns and training? I think those folks deserve a bigger discount for their personal weapons.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Glock Military and LE Special Pricing

Postby Grayskies on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 pm

mnguy19 wrote:Someone who uses a firearm at work obviously knows what they are doing with them and use them more often.

Really??? :shock:

I feel so safe knowing that, that uber professional officer who knows how to handle a gun so much better than I, got a discount on his Glock. He probably needed it for his ER visit!
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby xd ED on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 pm

mnguy19 wrote:
To go one further with this, military and LE are trained to properly use a firearm and know what they're doing. I think it's pretty reasonable to sell a weapon to someone at a discount who knows what the hell they're doing with it. Some guy who has never held a gun but is going through a mid-life crisis and has watched too many action movies doesn't need any easier access to buy a gun, in my opinion.

Ignoring your selective application of the Bill of Rights with regards to middle-aged American men, Do you have any idea what percentage of the American military is trained in the use of, and issued a side arm?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Grayskies wrote:
mnguy19 wrote:Someone who uses a firearm at work obviously knows what they are doing with them and use them more often.

I feel so safe knowing that, that uber professional officer who knows how to handle a gun so much better than I, got a discount on his Glock. He probably needed it for his ER visit!

There is just no end to the usefulness of that video.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Grayskies on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Way back 10 years ago when MInnesota was may-issue any one with a permit to carry could get the discount. Some people like Joel R. Had a PTC, my Brother had a PTC under the old law and could have bought a discounted Glock. Just because getting a PTC in the mero area was incredibly hard, does not mean it was the same in the rural areas of Minnesota.

When Minnesota went Shall issue, Glock for one changed thier policy about discounts, the question is why? The only reason i can see that makes sence is money. My brother had no special training, or skills related to guns, he was not active military, police, security. He just lived were the sheriff gave out permits very liberally. Whether you got a PTC or not depended more on where you lived, or political connections, or friend of the chief/sheriff and less on true need (definded as job, threats, transporting money...). As I remember if you lived in Crystal you could not get a PTC as they just did not issue them, period.

In my opinion companies like Glock saw a chance to proffit from the change in law and I doubt they will change thier policy.

Note: I am naming Glock because I looked into this a decade ago.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Pezhead on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Grayskies wrote:

I figured this video would be appropriate here.
Pezhead

Postby mnguy19 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Grayskies wrote:

You show me one video of a police officer doing something stupid with a gun, and I could show you dozens of videos of non-police doing stupid stuff with firearms. There's always an exception to the rule. I'll bet you any money I'll find more of the latter.
"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it".
mnguy19

Postby mnguy19 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:15 pm

xd ED wrote:
mnguy19 wrote:

Ignoring your selective application of the Bill of Rights with regards to middle-aged American men, Do you have any idea what percentage of the American military is trained in the use of, and issued a side arm?

Nope. But I'm willing to bet it's a lot higher when compared to civilians.
"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it".
mnguy19

Previous

Return to Handguns