Almost bought a Kahr, but instead...

Discussion of handguns

Re: Almost bought a Kahr, but instead...

Postby Thunderjohn on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am

Limited shooting of one but the trigger was very nice and super accurate.
I've gotten feedback from 2 customers that love them.
Great accuracy and no malfunctions.
They shoot very nice for a small 45.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby GunGoogler on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Thunderjohn wrote:Limited shooting of one but the trigger was very nice and super accurate.

Glad to hear it, thanks! Strad and I will put it through its paces tonight. I'm really looking forward to it.

I've got a bunch of pliniking ammo as well as a box of Federal and Speer hollows. I'm fresh out of my Hornady CD and TAP, which are my two favorites. Ammunitiontogo.com says that I'll have my refill next week though.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby rukwikenuf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:05 pm

GunGoogler wrote:
Thunderjohn wrote:Limited shooting of one but the trigger was very nice and super accurate.

Glad to hear it, thanks! Strad and I will put it through its paces tonight. I'm really looking forward to it.

I've got a bunch of pliniking ammo as well as a box of Federal and Speer hollows. I'm fresh out of my Hornady CD and TAP, which are my two favorites. Ammunitiontogo.com says that I'll have my refill next week though.

you should warn the ROs that there's sure to be some sort of shennanigans! oh, and have a drink next door, yes?
have fun, ladies
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby GunGoogler on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 pm

rukwikenuf wrote:
GunGoogler wrote:

you should warn the ROs that there's sure to be some sort of shennanigans! oh, and have a drink next door, yes?
have fun, ladies

Good point. I planned on asking for the training bay, if available.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby rukwikenuf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:12 pm

GunGoogler wrote:
rukwikenuf wrote:
GunGoogler wrote:Glad to hear it, thanks! Strad and I will put it through its paces tonight. I'm really looking forward to it.

have fun, ladies

great, i've spoiled you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby tazdevil on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 pm

GunGoogler wrote:
rukwikenuf wrote:
GunGoogler wrote:Glad to hear it, thanks! Strad and I will put it through its paces tonight. I'm really looking forward to it.

have fun, ladies

You can ask for those instead of being in the chaos of the main range?
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby GunGoogler on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

tazdevil wrote:

You can ask for those instead of being in the chaos of the main range?

My theory is that you can ask for anything in the world. They can--and probably will--say no.
GunGoogler

Postby gunforhire on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:46 pm

GunGoogler wrote:
rukwikenuf wrote:

have fun, ladies

great, i've spoiled you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

The training bay is where it's at though. I got my first experience behind a barrett in there. boy did that old fiberglass make a mess! :lol:
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby GunGoogler on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks to both Lunchbox and Strad for coming out to shoot tonight. I had a good time, shot a bunch of cool stuff, and found that I LOVE that XD-S. It will be in my carry rotation before I expected. Solid little pistol, that.
GunGoogler

Postby Lunchbox on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:41 pm

GunGoogler wrote:Thanks to both Lunchbox and Strad for coming out to shoot tonight. I had a good time, shot a bunch of cool stuff, and found that I LOVE that XD-S. It will be in my carry rotation before I expected. Solid little pistol, that.

Thanks for having me. I should curse and thank Strad for bringing his arsenal and pointing out my flinching to cement I need to do something to fix it.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby grousemaster on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:16 am

Reports I've read on XD talk have been mixed, some have been downright bad. Some folks have had perfect results though.....be sure to let us know how it feeds defensive loads (if you get around to testing them).
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby GunGoogler on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:22 am

grousemaster wrote:Reports I've read on XD talk have been mixed, some have been downright bad. Some folks have had perfect results though.....be sure to let us know how it feeds defensive loads (if you get around to testing them).

I fired a handful of FMJ last night, but otherwise I was feeding it Federal Hydra-shoks (and Hydra-shok Tactical, which I"d never seen before) as well as Speer Gold Dots. It ate everything we threw at it with a smile. Not a single malfunction of any sort. Of course, as I've stated, I'll want to send a lot more down the pipe before I trust it on my person.
GunGoogler

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:24 am

grousemaster wrote:Reports I've read on XD talk have been mixed, some have been downright bad. Some folks have had perfect results though.....be sure to let us know how it feeds defensive loads (if you get around to testing them).

I put a handfull of magazines through this thing last night, all "Federal HST Tacticool" (whatever that means). No hiccup. I found the recoil to be very tame for a compact gun in a real caliber, and I found it easy to shoot and control even with the short stubby frame and no pinky kick on the magazine. The trigger is short and crisp if..... if you like that sort of thing. (I prefer a longer DA trigger these days) I wasn't a big fan of the sight picture. I nkow it's a compact gun and all, but something about the sights irritated me a little. That and there's no way around it... it's an ugly gun. All thing considered I give it an 8 out of 10.

If I didn't aleady have the compact .45 platform well represented in my "arsenal" I would certainly consider one of these.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:48 am

Lunchbox wrote: I should curse and thank Strad for bringing his arsenal and pointing out my flinching to cement I need to do something to fix it.

To be fair.... I didn't point out your flinching.... I just pointed out the tendencies of those who flinch over beers avterwards. If you happen to display those tehdencies.... well then....

;)
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby grousemaster on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:50 am

GunGoogler wrote:

I fired a handful of FMJ last night, but otherwise I was feeding it Federal Hydra-shoks (and Hydra-shok Tactical, which I"d never seen before) as well as Speer Gold Dots. It ate everything we threw at it with a smile. Not a single malfunction of any sort. Of course, as I've stated, I'll want to send a lot more down the pipe before I trust it on my person.

That's good to hear. My guess: If you haven't had issues yet, you won't. Congrats on a bad ass pistol that tons of folks are trying to get their hands on right now!
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns