Help me decide

Discussion of handguns

Re: Help me decide

Postby wrench on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:02 am

I have an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my Glock 19, and several stand alone .22 pistols.
The AA kit is neither as reliable, or as accurate, as any of the .22 pistols.
What it is good for, is increased training with your carry gun. Trigger feel, target transitions, holster work, that kind of stuff.
For just shooting for fun, the .22 pistols are more, well, fun. :D
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby Dakotared on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 am

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =321026227

You can also get conversions for 9mm, 10, 38 super, 40.

And yes i have this gun it is a CZ75 clone and the .22 is just like the cadet that everyone loves some much but and a much lower cost.
Dakotared

Postby Mdclinks on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:21 am

If you are anything like myself, you'll get the small carry 9 or .380, trade your 27 for a 19or23, stop carrying the small 9/.380 and carry the 19/23. The 19 would be much easier to shoot and almost every bit as easy to carry. At least that's how I did it. Good luck with your decision.
Mdclinks

Postby Seismic Sam on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 am

uhhhh.... Hate to say it, but you sound like somebody one one of those "hoarder" shows. You want to buy ANOTHER gun for carry for strictly emotional reasons that you admit don't make any sense, but keep putting off spending the money and time on getting your permit??? So you come into the mnguntalk bar here and start asking all us gun drunks what flavor booze they like, which means you're looking for us to enable you to buy more guns?? Okayyyyy then....
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby FJ540 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm

If you're going to let a cop kick it across the pavement - a glock is a perfect choice.
FJ540

Postby Evad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:uhhhh.... Hate to say it, but you sound like somebody one one of those "hoarder" shows. You want to buy ANOTHER gun for carry for strictly emotional reasons that you admit don't make any sense, but keep putting off spending the money and time on getting your permit??? So you come into the mnguntalk bar here and start asking all us gun drunks what flavor booze they like, which means you're looking for us to enable you to buy more guns?? Okayyyyy then....

I don't need anyone to enable it...I'm just looking for opinions that help me. I have gotten that. Even yours helped in a twisted way. The point on deciding I won't like to carry something I can't yet carry does hit home and make sense. I won't look to replace my intended EDC until I know. It's a valid point, I appreciate it. You might have saved me from buying something I don't need. I'll buy something...I just might have a better reason now ;)

FJ540...I don't get it. Instinct tells me you are a glock hater. Maybe it's a personal attack for some reason that I won't care about...but if it's something constructive I might care about I'd love if you clarified.
Evad

Postby Dakotared on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =321515606

I have the same one and love it. The .22 works great and you can change it to .45 in less then a minute.
Dakotared

Postby FJ540 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:12 pm

I can only think of a handful of guns I'd rather see destroyed by police mishandling before a glock.

The comment is more unbiased than that though. I was stopped this fall for no trailer lights, but since it was 3am, and I wasn't sure what the officer was up to, I let him know I was carrying. That was the first time my champion has left my sight in someone elses hands in the 9 years I've owned it. He didn't drop it, rather treated it with complete respect (even profusely thanked me for telling him I was carrying), but it brings up the point that it could've gone differently. Might not want to carry the crown jewel of your collection (besides the fact that carrying is hard on guns in general). So yeah, if you're going to beat up a gun - make it a glock. No one will shed any tears over it.
FJ540

Postby pennygunner on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:58 am

adoptedson wrote:If I were in your shoes, I would sell or trade the G27 and get the G19. And since you have a hankering for both a 1911 and a .22, a 1911-22 would seem to scratch both itches. At the gun show this weekend there were plenty of the colt/umarex 1911-22's available. I think I saw a couple of the sig 1911-22's as well. Most were under $400. If you decide against the 1911-22, I'd highly recommend a MKIII of some sort. Good luck with your decision! New guns are fun:)

I have the sig 1911-22 and I Absoulutly love it.
pennygunner

Previous

Return to Handguns