Snow day with my new PM9

Discussion of handguns

Snow day with my new PM9

Postby revolvess on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Braved the cold, wind, and snow and put a few rounds through my new pm9 this afternoon. I love it! Definitely going to need some type of grips for it as it really started to hurt my hands although the cold didn't help. Any grip suggestions? Also managed to pinch the palm of my hand when I was putting the mag in...see picture. :) I think its going to be a great gun for me though. It just feels "right." Although the hat I am wearing in the picture is so "wrong". Ha ha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1360548423154.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360548403905.jpg
revolvess

Re: Snow day with my new PM9

Postby catalyst686 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:16 pm

I've caught the skin of my palm between a mag and the mag well just like you did, it hurts, gave me a few blood blisters! The pm9 is a nice carry piece for sure.
catalyst686

Postby EastSideRich on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 pm

A-grip made by brooks tactical:
http://www.brookstactical.com/index-2.html
I had it on a PM9 and loved it.
I think the checkering on the grip is way too aggressive, with the agrip stuff it was really comfortable.
It almost feels like suede. Very durable and grippy.
Another thing I liked about it was the checkering and even the little logo shows up through the wrap.

I guarantee you'll love your kahr even more with it on.
-seriously, enough that I would offer to refund your purchase price were you not satisfied if I knew you (an offer i have actually made to a couple of friends )

EDIT: get some pearce grip extensions too (go on the magazine). They also make the gun a lot more comfortable in the hand.

And: ouch! that looks like it hurt!

Sent from my phone
Last edited by EastSideRich on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ESR

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
- Mark Twain

The government is not your friend!
EastSideRich

Postby BBeckwith on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Pearce pinky extension and the Houge Handall Jr. I have had both on my PM9 for 3 years now. To me they are must have accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Rubber-Hand ... handall+jr

http://www.amazon.com/Pearce-Grip-Ext-K ... ension+pm9
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby revolvess on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:05 am

Thanks for the replies. I have looked into Agrip and the Hogue Handall Jr. Also considering Talon grips. We'll see what I end up with!
revolvess

Postby Exjay on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm

BBeckwith wrote:Pearce pinky extension and the Houge Handall Jr. I have had both on my PM9 for 3 years now. To me they are must have accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Rubber-Hand ... handall+jr

http://www.amazon.com/Pearce-Grip-Ext-K ... ension+pm9

This.
Exjay

Postby arizona98tj on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 pm

I've had a PM9 for some time and is my usual CCW handgun. The cold may be a contributing factor as I've not noticed the grip texture being an issue here in AZ. But you need to be satisfied with it so do what you need to make it so. Since it is polymer, you could take the high points off of the surface with some careful use of a file or sandpaper.
arizona98tj

Postby TacticalGunny on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Only draw back to using a grip extension for EDC is you can run the risk of the extra protrusion catching on clothing in a situation.
"Be advised. I'm mean, nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters."
TacticalGunny

Postby plink on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:13 pm

The Kel-tec +1 mag extension works well. Not the most bestest build quality ever, but if you wanted a swiss watch you wouldn't have bought a kel-tec in the first place. Really changes the feel of the gun to much more substantial.
plink

Postby sgruenhagen44 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 pm

TacticalGunny wrote:Only draw back to using a grip extension for EDC is you can run the risk of the extra protrusion catching on clothing in a situation.

Yes but you could make that same argument for any gun larger than the PM9
sgruenhagen44

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:17 pm

I had a Kahr CW40 I just sold today. Nice gun, but like you have discovered it's not a fun gun to shoot for a extended period of time. I just hooked into a Glock 26 Gen4, and I love it. Very easy to shoot, and control. The accessories listed already should help you tame your gun. And remember practice, and get very good with it.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby revolvess on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 am

I just ordered some Talon grips for it, the rubberized ones, so we'll see how I like them and if it helps. I don't mind how the gun shoots...I don't think the recoil itself is bad and I still think it's fun. I just have to do something about the texture on the back so I am able to shoot it enough to feel comfortable carrying it.
revolvess

Postby TacticalGunny on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:43 pm

You should shoot the CW45...after 2 mags, the stippling hurts my hand...but I don't mind
"Be advised. I'm mean, nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters."
TacticalGunny

Return to Handguns