Beretta Nano

Discussion of handguns

Beretta Nano

Postby patrick on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Who has one?What do you think of it?I was planning to buy a Shield but they are hard to find and people are willing to pay WAAAAAAY too much for them.$449.00 list price but people are $650.00 plus.CRAZY!!!I've been looking at the Nano since it came out and can't recall hearing anybody speak poorly of them.Maybe I just missed it?
I live in Bloomington Mn!!!!
patrick

Re: Beretta Nano

Postby grousemaster on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:59 pm

patrick wrote:Who has one?What do you think of it?I was planning to buy a Shield but they are hard to find and people are willing to pay WAAAAAAY too much for them.$449.00 list price but people are $650.00 plus.CRAZY!!!I've been looking at the Nano since it came out and can't recall hearing anybody speak poorly of them.Maybe I just missed it?

Looks and feels like a sweet little pistol. I've never fired one but have handled a few. I've almost taken the plunge on one. No external slide lock back, but it does lock back on empty mags
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby CarryCauseICan on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:02 pm

My buddy bought one. Not bad. Shoots good. I agree, on slide lock, slide locks back on empty mag. Kinda different, but whatever. Size and weight is good for carry. I'm holding out for the Xds 9.
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby Ron Burgundy on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04 pm

CarryCauseICan wrote:My buddy bought one. Not bad. Shoots good. I agree, on slide lock, slide locks back on empty mag. Kinda different, but whatever. Size and weight is good for carry. I'm holding out for the Xds 9.

Hold out a little longer for the single stack 9mm offering from Glock
Ron Burgundy

Postby PRS on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
CarryCauseICan wrote:My buddy bought one. Not bad. Shoots good. I agree, on slide lock, slide locks back on empty mag. Kinda different, but whatever. Size and weight is good for carry. I'm holding out for the Xds 9.

Hold out a little longer for the single stack 9mm offering from Glock

A little longer? seems that would be at least a year out and then you would be dealing with the same high demand as the shield.....
PRS

Postby MNBlackjack on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:00 pm

I got 14 of the Nanos is about a month ago. They were all gone within 10 days. People seem to like them.
FFL
NRA - Lifetime Member
NSSF
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
- Ayn Rand
MNBlackjack

Postby mrShinola on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Gunstop has a used one in the $350 range.
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Postby patrick on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Glock is coming out with a single stack 9?Hadn't heard that.Any info on the net?Pictures of proto's?I'd do a single stack Glock.
I live in Bloomington Mn!!!!
patrick

Postby Ron Burgundy on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm

PRS wrote:
A little longer? seems that would be at least a year out and then you would be dealing with the same high demand as the shield.....

I do not have high hopes for ever (EVAR) seeing this made
Ron Burgundy

Postby texasprowler on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Bought a Nano in Dec. Shot it once. Jammed on third round. Cuts deep groove on edge of brass.

It is very heavy duty for a tiny 9mm. It is built on a 40 platform, and the operation may require the power of 40sw to function properly.
The recent models come with an extended magazine, a place for pinky to ride.
It can't replace my Sygma, (your Shield), but it does have a place as a deep conceal backup.
It has perfect design for 'point shooting', righty or lefty.
Can't dry fire, so you need an extra tool to poke the firing pin disengage button.

Edit for rethought: I would buy another Nano, in 40 cal., I would NOT buy a Shield because of the assembly BS.
A Ruger may be better.
texasprowler

Postby AlephZero on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:58 am

It's a great little gun for what it was designed for. I like it a lot for deeper concealment (right now I pocket carry, but I'm also looking at getting an AIWB holster for it).

It's a bit bulkier than most 'micro compact' firearms, but that extra heft makes it much more pleasant to shoot. I only got mine a bit more than a month ago, and thanks to the 9mm drought I haven't been able to shoot it nearly as much as I would like. What I have put through it has been flawless, though, no feeding or ejection problems to speak of.
AlephZero

Beretta Nano

Postby mzdadoc on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 pm

I've had mine for a while and have shot over 500 rounds through it... I love it!!! No jams no problems!!! Carry it all the time and totally comfortable. Amazingly accurate for its size!!!
mzdadoc

Postby blizzard on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 pm

I shot one at Bills when they had the Beretta demos last fall, I liked it and its on my short list to purchase.
blizzard

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm

wouldn't the single stack 9 from Glock be the G26?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Beretta Nano

Postby Hammered Squirrel on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:28 pm

yukonjasper wrote:wouldn't the single stack 9 from Glock be the G26?

The 26 is double stack. The only single stack that glock makes is the 36 and that's a .45
Hammered Squirrel

Next

Return to Handguns